• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Creating a troll thread
Era, there were a ton of different Harry Potter games back in the day. Which ones were the best for each film/book?

I was thinking of returning to these, but only want to play one version of each.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The GBC games were great turn based RPGs.
Think there were only ones for Philosophers Stone and Chamber of Secrets though.

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
XKmsf18.gif

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
There's a Lego collection for all the years but it is an older Lego game so could be with bugs and reckon the one that is to be released this year will be the better even though it stands more as a spin-off.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, she's not getting any revenue off years old games. I still fucking hate her but there are some enjoyable HP games, like 1 and 2 for the GBC which are little RPGs. 1 and 2 for PS1 are also enjoyable.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
While I don't think there are any older HP games on sale in a way that will benefit JK, there are better games out there anyway so you might as well skip them

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's no way this thread was made in good faith.

Truner

Oct 27, 2017
Hungary
The KnowWonder PC trilogy is really good. They are the sort of "third person platformer built on an FPS engine" that was pretty popular back in the day. The second one especially has a really good explorable Hogwarts.

But between the J.K. Rowling shit that has been going on for years and the games' fantastic soundtracks being done by Jeremy Soule, it's hard to fault anyone who is unwilling to experience them.

They have a space on my shelf and I generally prefer to separate art from the artist, so it's fine for me, but if anyone's interested in picking them up, just consider the fact that there are some horrid people attached to these games.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
yes, first three games ON PC are the best

if you want more, you can also check out the console versions of these (PS2 gen). they are completely different, have fancy graphics and explorable Hogwarts, but aren't as good in terms of gameplay (you don't even have a dedicated jump button).

the next and last good one appears to be the one for Order of the Phoenix, but I've never played it

Status
Not open for further replies.