• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have many users on ignore, just a handful of frequent shitposters. The problem with the ignore function when it comes to these spammy shitposter types, is that other users (who aren't on ignore) will reply to that user and I'll still get half a page of "you are ignoring content from this user" followed by a reply that basically tells me what that ignored poster is saying anyways.

Can we please get an extra filter to block out quotes that involve the ignored poster?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I wish users would be the same like when you ignore threads. That the complete post is gone.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
You can change the setting to "don't show ignored content" even and it totally hides their crap. I recommend this 100%. Shitposters routinely get quoted a ton because they post shit so this is a necessary step.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I only have one person on ignore so whenever I see that I know exactly who it is and I can take a pretty good guess at what they are saying lol

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I would not recommend this setting myself, simply cause it completely hides the existence of a quote and thus makes other people's reactions to the content appear in a different context.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
nTu0dNC.png

I ignore a fuckton of people. The board is so much more readable when the same 10 people who shriek ceaselessly about the same stupid shit to each other are gone. Bravo forum ignore feature!

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have never used the ignore function on any internet forum.

Like just hit the scroll wheel, buddy.

With that said, can we please have bigger avatars? There is space enough.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
Any plans for a feature to ignore threads by keyword? There is an extension to do this, but it's not really usable since it constantly resets its data.

Oct 31, 2017
Countless times I see posters I put on ignore say dumb shit that half the thread quotes.

It just validates my ignore... which I had maxed but had to start unignoring posters (lots are already banned) so I could ignore others

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I can bring this up to the devs for you, but it may be a restriction of the forum software. You can always use an adblocker to do it. Whitelist the ads on the site, but use custom blocking to block those fields.

Would be fun if there was a counter on user profiles. "This user is ignored by 17 people"

That sounds like the exact opposite of fun and could be pretty hurtful if someone saw they were ignored by a lot of people :(

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Never ignored anyone and never will. Do away with ignore and watch the forum melt lol

You'd see an uptick in overzealous reporters. I'd rather the thin-skinned ignore people than start trying to get them bans from mods that have no real appeal system and will often either quietly unban people if they fuck up (like the thread on Gaming side where a guy said he pirated games in his youth) or respond to email ban appeals on the very last day of a ban.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I don't have many users on ignore, just a handful of frequent shitposters. The problem with the ignore function when it comes to these spammy shitposter types, is that other users (who aren't on ignore) will reply to that user and I'll still get half a page of "you are ignoring content from this user" followed by a reply that basically tells me what that ignored poster is saying anyways.

Can we please get an extra filter to block out quotes that involve the ignored poster?
See I don't see that at all, I don't see people quoting someone.

I just see someone posting a reply, I would have to click on show ignored posts to actually see what they wrote.

Maybe go into your ignore settings?

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have never used the ignore function on any internet forum.

Like just hit the scroll wheel, buddy.

With that said, can we please have bigger avatars? There is space enough.
Nah, life's too short to fill it up reading shitposts from shitty people. After years it all adds up, wasting your time and chipping away at your mental health. I'd much rather focus on the comments from intelligent, thoughtful posters.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
nTu0dNC.png

I ignore a fuckton of people. The board is so much more readable when the same 10 people who shriek ceaselessly about the same stupid shit to each other are gone. Bravo forum ignore feature!
This was such a useful realisation when someone brought it up in a thread a couple of weeks back lol. Great feature.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
I've only got one user on my ignore list. The reason? They add their username as a signature/sign-off to every. single. post. Deeply irritating and, I thought, against the rules but seemingly never enforced.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This. I disagree with people frequently but have placed no one in my ignore list.
Just because someone may have a brain-melting opinion in one thread doesn't mean they won't contribute positively in other threads. Moderators are quick to ban the worst offenders anyway.

I've seen people whine relentlessly about certain subjects, but I still don't ignore them.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I can't bother with ignore, threads or people. I just naturally filter out what I don't want to deal with. Now I would use an ignore feature for real life constantly.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You'd see an uptick in overzealous reporters. I'd rather the thin-skinned ignore people than start trying to get them bans from mods that have no real appeal system and will often either quietly unban people if they fuck up (like the thread on Gaming side where a guy said he pirated games in his youth) or respond to email ban appeals on the very last day of a ban.

Never thought of it that way. Makes a lot of sense.
Nah, life's too short to fill it up reading shitposts from shitty people. After years it all adds up, wasting your time and chipping away at your mental health. I'd much rather focus on the comments from intelligent, thoughtful posters.

Likewise, life is too short to get worked up over what an internet stranger thinks to waste your time jumping through hoops to never see their posts again when it's far more likely that you'll never remember what you ignored them for to begin with. People say dumb shit, have bad days, misread articles and etc etc.
I've only got one user on my ignore list. The reason? They add their username as a signature/sign-off to every. single. post. Deeply irritating and, I thought, against the rules but seemingly never enforced.

This irritates me greatly and there is one poster that does this and still does. And the smiley face in the signature makes it all the worse.

Oct 31, 2017

Nah, you gotta be a tough guy and read every single asshole's dumbass opinion or you are weak nanna booboo

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
*hugs ignore feature*

Well worth the $250 a year sub I pay for this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.