• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2018
Don't know if this article has already been shared but here's some potential new information from an anonymous source from Naughty Dog.

www.sausageroll.com.au

The Last of Us 2 gameplay leak came from dev that hates its divisiveness

Plenty of spoiler ridden footage was leaked online by alleged disgruntled Naughty Dog employee.The Last of Us 2 leaked gameplay footage was supposedly

An anonymous source linked to Nauhgty Dog Inc. reached out to us with the following message regarding The Last of Us 2 gameplay footage leak:

"I don't doubt, even for a moment, that this leak came from the studio. The Last of Us Part 2 is very divisive and, as you can imagine, some of the team aren't really thrilled to be working on the game."

The source goes on to talk about how stale the work environment has been at Naughty Dog and how so many people have had to bite their tongues because 'cancel culture' is very much alive inside of the studio.

"Many people would agree with me that this has been one of the worst projects they've ever had to work on, and that's not just because some people disagree with the plot. Even though some of the team members are Christians and don't necessarily agree with the game's 'message', they are also professionals and can put their personal politics aside to get the job done. What really sucks about all of this is the working environment."
The team is very much divided on the game, and even voicing your concerns on its story will upset certain individuals; it usually results in said person being called closed-minded or even phobic, or some such nonsense. Some people literally have to bite their tongues or fear losing their jobs, even careers, to an outrage mob."

Our source also alleged that the high turnover in staff is because of the reasons mentioned above. "What's really sad is that nobody is allowed to talk about any of this. Many employees have left Naughty Dog because in-house politics and they are under a strict NDA and absolutely cannot discuss the studio's 'productions practices' secrets. Oops!"

A source added: "It was primarily the senior team that left Naughty Dog and to assume that it's because of 'long working hours' is laughable. Anybody that has ever worked in game development knows that this is crock of shit. Since I can remember, development has always been like this; get to work, chug coffee and don't leave until you've completed the task that you've been assigned for the day. It's a part of the fun. It's a part of the lifestyle. What's not fun is working in a toxic environment."

Kuma

alt account
Banned
Apr 15, 2020
Sounds speculative based on the OP alone... so not really confirmed

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Okay so I read the link to the page and the first couple words of the quoted post and for some reason read it as

An anonymous sausage linked to Naughty Dog Inc.

Its been a longgggg day.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The very first line of that story misspells the word "Naughty", which is honestly very impressive in its own way. :|

Mossiah

Aug 28, 2018
New York
They misspelled Naughty to start the article off. Also, this is most likely fake man on that basis alone that any developer would laugh off a crunch like this.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
The team is very much divided on the game, and even voicing your concerns on its story will upset certain individuals; it usually results in said person being called closed-minded or even phobic, or some such nonsense.

So the game's going to be great. Good to hear 👍

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I thought it came from an unpaid third party employee?

Regardless, I got spoiled by the ending so decided to watch the rest. I'm honestly not a fan of how they are handling the story.

Someone on Reddit posted that this was like if the epilogue of RDR2 you played as the Pinkertons and had to hunt John down.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I'm sure this is fake, but honestly from what I've heard I dont have much faith in the game either.

Sad, they should have left it at TLOU1, and that's not something I would have said before the leaks.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Latest article is "Pentagon declassifies 3 Navy videos that shows UFO footage" yeah...

www.resetera.com

Pentagon Puts Out Press Release Authenticating Navy UAP/UFO Videos

Today, the US DoD has issued a press release that confirms the validity of the three videos recorded on Navy jet FLIR Cameras by its pilots. This is probably going to fly under the radar (heh) due to the global pandemic, but it's noteworthy as one of, if not the only, time that the US DoD has...

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Regardless of how fake this article is, Didn't Troy Baker state that the game is going handle some controversial topics and people need to be "open minded" or something like that?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to be spoiled, but reading between the lines from the article it sounds like the games narrative, themes and characters are or could be strongly progressive, and all I can say is that if the story etc is divisive because of that, then I don't mind at all and completely welcome it. Infact kudos to ND if that does end up being true and it's well executed.

Either way, I have no idea how credible this site is or isn't, the name certainly promotes a lot of caution. Then again, the tweet that linked the leak to an unpaid QA tester wasn't sourced or verified either, but many seem to have run with it. Seems like there's narratives flying all over the place atm.

Last edited:

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
User banned (1 week): Posting unmarked speculation about potential spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't be surprised if this situation is being (or already has been) used by the alt right to stir up shit. Any talk of cancel culture and 'PC' criticism is almost certainly coming from a bad place.

Deleted member 10908

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing this site referenced on the TLOU subreddit reporting on (fake) 4chan leaks where Ellie goes up against white male homophobic cultists ("SJW" boogie men, they explained). That same leak had her getting together with an immune female cultist, which is how the game supposedly ends lol.
Did you just fucking spoil the game???

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody knows who leaked it or their exact reasons for doing so.

That article is bullshit.

vastick

Banned
May 4, 2019
That article is bullshit and the 4chan leak was debunked not confirmed by the latest spoilers.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
A source added: "It was primarily the senior team that left Naughty Dog and to assume that it's because of 'long working hours' is laughable. Anybody that has ever worked in game development knows that this is crock of shit. Since I can remember, development has always been like this; get to work, chug coffee and don't leave until you've completed the task that you've been assigned for the day. It's a part of the fun. It's a part of the lifestyle. What's not fun is working in a toxic environment."

Yeah this is fake

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
The best way for naughty dog right now is to suspend the game and reboot all the story to a new one.

It is a bad sign when the game leaks waaaaayy before the release date

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This is a clickbait website. Don't give it any attention. It is likely fake.

More relevantly, it's an alt-right clickbait website, with takes such as (article, not comment):

Sadly it seems as though Joaquin Phoenix's Joker may also disappoint viewers if the actor gets his way.

Phoenix has spent his pare time protesting climate change, animal rights, and the patriarchy… and he reportedly wants to these messages to a part of the Joker 2.

Every single article in the site is outrage at perceived political correctness (with, as usual, the irony lost on its creators).

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best way for naughty dog right now is to suspend the game and reboot all the story to a new one.

It is a bad sign when the game leaks waaaaayy before the release date

What a ridiculous post. You do realize that heaps of games leak before release. I seem to remember a significant Doom Eternal leak, and that didn't prevent the game from doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.