• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved! Nothing else comes close this year in my opinion.

(Also, how the hell did Cyberpunk wrack up 9 media outlet awards?!)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'll never stop laughing at that one poster a few weeks back who was trying to argue that the game had a mixed reaction from critics.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah its a good game. makes you wonder why they haven't patched it for ps5 yet...

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'll never stop laughing at that one poster a few weeks back who was trying to argue that the game had a mixed reaction from critics.

I'm not sure if it's still there, but about a month ago Neil Druckmann's Wikipedia page mentioned that Last Of Us 2 received a mixed reception from critics... which is uh, probably less than accurate lol. One of their editors wasn't a fan I guess :)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
How many awards left? Is taking The Witcher 3's record on the cards? I know the sites generally track less nowadays.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I'm still waiting for a PS5 version to play it. Can't wait. Wish Naughty Dog was more clear about their next gen version plans.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I always get confused when articles come out about stuff like this, how many websites are giving out GOTY awards? I only know like 4 of them =p

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
It's also metacritic's user winner by a landslide. I think the vocal minority - like a very small minority - just gave up lol. So funny to see the user score for the game then see the final tally.

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/metacritic-users-pick-best-of-2020

Congrats to ND!

That very small vocal minority is currently being hunted by the FBI...

ND absolutely deserves all the praise. Just look at the final end game trophy numbers. Last I checked it was over 60%. For a game of this length, intensity, and graphic nature, that shows how gripping and engaging the gameplay and story are.

Well done to the developers at ND, and I am looking forward to the PS5 edition with Factions!

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Definitely deserved. What a masterpiece.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved, I would have thought it'd be a bit more critically divisive. It probably helped the critical reception that they wanted to set a counterpoint to the idiotic internet mob complaints.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
Well deserved, it was my GOTY as well. If it wasn't already, this cements ND as a top 3-5 developer. If not just straight up the best right now.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Kinda crazy to think that Sony now has 2 franchise with multiple game of the year overall wins (and both from ND lol) and 6 winning years overall, and they definitely have a good chance this year if God of War Ragnarok (or Horizon Forbidden West if GG makes the sequel truly exceptional!) makes it.

The Last of Us Part II was just an incredible game, completely deserved.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1610213903114.jpg

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Please continue discussion here:
www.resetera.com

2020 Media Awards Season - Tracking and Discussion Thread

Previous years: 2019 • 2018 It's that wonderful time of the year again. Unfortunately it's 2020 and it has been...a year so far. Thankfully it has been an exceptional year for gaming. We are starting a new decade alongside next gen hardware and we're already being blessed with generation...

Status
Not open for further replies.