• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably their best and most important video yet. Only missing DeSantis.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
They have been for a while. They're running ads in competitive senate states. This is just the first one that puts everyone in one ad

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Nice to see Graham getting second billing I can just hope it'll help out Harrison in November.

Yes yes I know whos behind the Lincoln Project but I'm all for using them and losing them.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This has been known, plus mods put out a warning that they don't want threads on individual ads. So just a heads up.

edit: I should specify, I mean individual TLP ads

Last edited:

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think if Trump and the GoP loses as badly in November as I hope they do, TLP is going to split off and form its own right wing party.

Letthemfight.gif

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EcbWkytWsAAno5j

Screen_Shot_2020-07-08_at_2.35.54_PM.png

Very cool we keep propping up this loser's garbage here. Cool BLM avatar in the top corner of the site tho.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'm not sure that is what's going on. It seems they are trying to make other segments of the party look really bad, rather than propping up parts of the Republican party.

Their long term goal is burn down the GOP so they can rebuild it in their image. And they're not great, but I'd rather have them as the future villains than another generation of these guys. And also they're a tiny rump of the party unlikely to ever achieve any significant power, so I'm happy to let them pour gasoline on the fire for now reasonably confident that their grand scheme to eventually come to power for themselves probably won't come to pass.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
The Lincoln Project is self-described first-and-foremost, right on their website, as having "spent over 200 years electing Republicans."

"Electing" being the key word.

Presumably, that includes the last twenty years. What did elected Republicans do or not do, during the 21st century alone? Nationally? At the state level? Appropriations, refusal of federal funds for things like Medicaid, lowering tax revenues on wealth - all of this is still happening at the state level. States who want to continue to support faithless electors may do just that.

Their one Democratic-party-aligned statement "Electing Democrats who support the Constitution over Republicans who do not is a worthy effort." runs counter to the majority of media appearances their "founders" and advisers have made. So unless this group is willing to do ads all the way down to the state and local elections, and then actually elect Democrats if they are guaranteed to box out what they profess to be against, then the only message they are sending is "Trump is destroying our way of life...maybe. Check it out".

There is nothing unifying in these ads, only performative. If you are enjoying the show the lincoln project is putting on, at least try not to dismiss other people (some of whom are standing up for their identities) by treating them like they are blocking your view of the show.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
Their long term goal is burn down the GOP so they can rebuild it in their image. And they're not great, but I'd rather have them as the future villains than another generation of these guys. And also they're a tiny rump of the party unlikely to ever achieve any significant power, so I'm happy to let them pour gasoline on the fire for now reasonably confident that their grand scheme to eventually come to power for themselves probably won't come to pass.

Oh I absolutely agree, can't trust these assholes as far as I can throw them. As the old adage goes, an enemy of my enemy is my friend. We, as a country, will vilify them as soon as the election is over and by then, hopefully Trumpism is rejected.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Oh I absolutely agree, can't trust these assholes as far as I can throw them. As the old adage goes, an enemy of my enemy is my friend. We, as a country, will vilify them as soon as the election is over and by then, hopefully Trumpism is rejected.
But they are not our friend. Even if they we share a common adversary they still want to strip rights away. They still want to take away entitlements. They still want me to suffer. Wonderment hit it on the fucking nose when the lincoln group argued for constitution aligned democrats.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
But they are not our friend. Even if they we share a common adversary they still want to strip rights away. They still want to take away entitlements. They still want me to suffer. Wonderment hit it on the fucking nose when the lincoln group argued for constitution aligned democrats.

Of course they aren't our friends, I'm just using the adage as a means to tolerate them until the election is over.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Of course they aren't our friends, I'm just using the adage as a means to tolerate them until the election is over.
I mean, these people will go where the money goes once the GE is over. They'll get picked up by the RNC and DNC. So it's really on y'all to be angry when that happens. Some of us are already suspicious of this bullshit and don't want it signal boosted for this very reason.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Looking for donations huh. Grifting or need money for new ads?

Former instantly pops in my mind considering the source

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Yeah no I'm not falling for that Lincoln Project shit. Grifters trying to take advantage of the situation, Republicans are bad full stop even if they "oppose" Trump.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I'm starting to think if Trump and the GoP loses as badly in November as I hope they do, TLP is going to split off and form its own right wing party.

Letthemfight.gif
Well here's the thing. In America there is a SIZABLE population who are socially conservative (Lots of religious people in America), and another group who are fiscally conservative (lots of people who think all taxes suck) but socially liberal. The problem with the republican party is their racism built into their party. If they could truly excise the racism, there is a huge portion of Black/Hispanic people who would fall into that socially conservative bubble and would gladly sign on. After their defeat in 2012 their own autopsy of their failing party told them this.

The problem is the people in charge of the current Republican party fails to follow their own advice, and keeps doubling down on a dwindling racist, poor, white rural voter. And they are so chicken shit scared of their dwindling rural base they won't even attempt to reach out. Because I, and i am sure a lot of younger Black/Hispanic people have family who are socially conservative and would probably vote for them but won't due to the racist bullshit.

If they EVER get a competent conservative who is not racist, and actively tries to bring in black/brown folks, watch out, because they'd probably easily win a few elections. Luckily, by time they realize it they'll probably be so discombobulated and weak that it won't matter.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, these people will go where the money goes once the GE is over. They'll get picked up by the RNC and DNC. So it's really on y'all to be angry when that happens. Some of us are already suspicious of this bullshit and don't want it signal boosted for this very reason.

You're not wrong that we have a bigger systemic issue with the political industrial complex/economy. But, at the moment, they (conservative groups) are assisting in the sway of public opinion against Trumpism, so it's not something, at least in my opinion, to have a fit about at the moment.

But, generally speaking, we (as a country) need to have a broader conversation about money in politics, especially after more investigations are done in the many many MANY self-dealings that we are both aware of and not aware of from the cronies within the Trump admin. Just hopefully, this will shine a bigger spotlight of the corrupting factor of money in politics and the many grifts that's been going on for decades.

I just hope that everyone can get onboard with the fact that money in politics benefit no one except for those invested in the political industrial complex, so that we can vote them the fuck out after we get rid of trump.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You're not wrong that we have a bigger systemic issue with the political industrial complex/economy. But, at the moment, they (conservative groups) are assisting in the sway of public opinion against Trumpism, so it's not something, at least in my opinion, to have a fit about at the moment.

But, generally speaking, we (as a country) need to have a broader conversation about money in politics, especially after more investigations are done in the many many MANY self-dealing that we are both aware of and not aware of from the cronies within the Trump admin.

I just hope that everyone can get onboard with the fact that money in politics benefit no one except for those invested in the political industrial complex, so that we can vote them the fuck out after we get rid of trump.
Assisting in what way? These ads are for Liberals to accept them once the shuffle happens and they enter the DNC. Kanye will probably do more to split the vote for Republicans running as an anti-vaxxer than these ads will. Very few Republicans will move their position based on these ads, but maybe those clapping for and encouraging these ads should rethink who the desired audience are.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Can we ban Lincoln Project from this site? It doesn't matter if they're shitting on Republicans if they're also Republicans that want to be less quiet about hurting POC and LGBTQ+ people. The people here knowing what the people do and still supporting LP is shameful and you should be ashamed for supporting them.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
Assisting in what way? These ads are for Liberals to accept them once the shuffle happens and they enter the DNC. Kanye will probably do more to split the vote for Republicans running as an anti-vaxxer than these ads will. Very few Republicans will move their position based on these ads, but maybe those clapping for and encouraging these ads should rethink who the desired audience are.

I'm speaking more broadly since there are a few groups aside from TLP, like Conservatives Against Trump, as well as, Veteran's against Trump (as a veteran myself, I suspect they are more conservative leaning as an organization).

I think these ads are either Trolling Trump, or targeting usually R leaning voters that are sick of Trump's incompetence.

There might be added effects of normalizing liberals to the idea of TLP, but I think this is conjecture at this point, and unless there is polling data that suggest otherwise, it's not necessarily something to be concerned with.

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can we ban Lincoln Project from this site? It doesn't matter if they're shitting on Republicans if they're also Republicans that want to be less quiet about hurting POC and LGBTQ+ people. The people here knowing what the people do and still supporting LP is shameful and you should be ashamed for supporting them.
People hyped for TLP ads really need to take a good hard look at who are the most likely target audience for these ads, and I'm telling you rn its not Trump supporters. Those people have their head in the sand and will support him no matter what.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
The new new Republican Party.
I'm glad they're attacking each other, but they're still bad.

It's a pretty obvious move to distance themselves from Trump and his unpalatable message. It's still the same nasty candy, just in a different wrapper.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no I'm not falling for that Lincoln Project shit. Grifters trying to take advantage of the situation, Republicans are bad full stop even if they "oppose" Trump.
The ones who oppose him may actually be worse because they want to be republican without Trump getting in their way. He's making it harder for them to be evil because he's so damn dumb.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
EcbWkytWsAAno5j

Screen_Shot_2020-07-08_at_2.35.54_PM.png

Very cool we keep propping up this loser's garbage here. Cool BLM avatar in the top corner of the site tho.
How is this not enough to ban this garbage group on this site?

Just because someone dislikes Trump doesn't mean he's disliked for the same reasons we dislike him and actively want to get him out of office. Republican monsters who dislike Trump are still monsters.

The enemy of your enemy is still your enemy.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I think it's fine. It should not be used to make left leaning people become more sympathetic towards Republicanism (not that it does do that) but it should be weaponized against the right so they either vote Democrat or sit out voting for Trump. It's like this Clickhole headline.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Official Staff Communication
The fact that there is a segment of the GOP that is willing to go against the bulk of the party is a newsworthy, and quite unusual, thing. However, we don't need threads for the ads themselves.

If a reputable news article arises on their existence and the work that they do, feel free to post that. They can also come up as discussion in US politics threads, as they are relevant to the current election. But the threads created about the ads themselves lead to little productive discussion. Legitimate concerns have also been raised about endorsing them given the individuals behind them, so those threads will be locked going forward.

The staff have been listening to all feedback (as there are marginalized voices on both sides of this debate, some of whom want to discuss the ads) and we believe this is a good compromise that takes all concerns into account. If you have any further concerns, please reach out to staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.