• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
How would a lynch bomb work? Can't say I've ever heard of it before
We have had a few games where scum ( or a nuetral) had to collect people into a certain chat/hand out items. Once enough of those were passed out the player would activate and all those in the chat/holding the item would die.

Its a very interesting mechanic, but since we all move not really viable for being by room. it would kill everyone, and I don't think Brazil would do that.

and the using a master ball on a bidoof or only pheonix down on the first boss of the game. it is patently ridiculous. Town will have the second most players tomorrow than they possibly could during the entire rest of the game. If this really does pass out BP to everyone it gives us information from night 1 roles, the day 1 flip and the day 1 NK. but we would have more time to work with that, and potentially no NKs to remove good roles from working a second night!

Of course it could just take away our day kill, and if so then my bad I'm sorry.

again though, if passing out the BP early is so bad why not the yellow room? It looks like the flip of the coin to the orange room? you all seem hung up on the using BP, but my real goal here is to not use a bad room up until we know better as to how the rooms work. My thoughts is that yellow room will have the same effect as orange room just only in scum chat. Why is that not a better idea than implementing a post restriction/requirement?
move: yellow room

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We actually only have 9 active votes out of 24 players. That's a lot of skating going on.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
The post requirement isn't a sure thing. Don't know why you'd talk about it as such.
You're right, it may not be a post requirement, but it sure looks like it.

I see him as a fidgety townie trying every door in the entrance hall, unsure of what to do or where to go.

Other than room mechanics, it's the one thing that has garnered more attention on day one, which is probably the whole point... a starting point for the game.

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Brazil It's not completely clear, but can we not vote for the White Room right now? I.e. staying in place? It says the special rooms can only be visited once, but it doesn't outright state that we have to LEAVE our current room otherwise.
The post at the start of the Day lists the options that are available for voting during this phase. The White Room is listed as unavailable:

Room Vote

These are the Rooms currently available for visitation:

Green Room - "The voices will be pacified."
Red Room - "Backs will be turned against the glass wall."
Purple Room - "Unincisiveness will be punished."
Blue Room - "Fates could change."
Yellow Room - "The voices will also protect."
Dark Room - "Silence will be punished"
Orange Room - "Noise will muddle the voices."
Pink Room - "All eyes will look across the glass wall."
Grey Room - "Uncertainty will be punished."
Teal Room - "The shield will rise."

White Room - "Everything remains as is."

Throw out a test vote in the meantime.

Move: White Room
This vote shows up in the vote tool because of the way it's built, but it isn't a valid one. Please move it to another option when you can.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
The post at the start of the Day lists the options that are available for voting during this phase. The White Room is listed as unavailable:

This vote shows up in the vote tool because of the way it's built, but it isn't a valid one. Please move it to another option when you can.
Geez Godfather another one that does read the flavor? :P

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017

I see him as a fidgety townie trying every door in the entrance hall, unsure of what to do or where to go.

Other than room mechanics, it's the one thing that has garnered more attention on day one, which is probably the whole point... a starting point for the game.
Where has this starting point taken you so far? What info have you gleaned from all the Zipped chat?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Saenima

Going with my gut for now. Godfather just mentioned it but everyone should try to get a vote down somewhere. Gives us more to look at on later days.

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I need you to put an actual vote out on somebody.
You need nothing Godfather, you simply demand. Now that you mention it though...

Also inactives don't really get overlooked. Yeah they don't always get lynched as there's usually other more interesting stuff going on, but they're always at least a topic of conversation.

VOTE: *Splinter

Now, I'm not one to talk, everyone knows how notoriously quiet I am in games. But right now you're sitting with me on the 8 posts bench and still have a vote on you from melonrabbit (a poke vote, but a vote none the less).
Timezones aside, what's going on buddy?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Sorry, I missed it at Day start.

Move: Purple Room

I want to split the votes up a bit more.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
btw just a heads up, for irl reasons, I may become quieter or at least make less sense than usual plus I won't be around for days end.

Still I'll try my best to contribute as much as possible without letting my lack of sleep influence me too much lol.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Zipped, who is looking most suspicious to you right now? Let's see you talk about people rather than rooms.
reads list:

Scum leaning -
grizzly - played first 24 hours of this day like their first day of Monopoly. gives me a strong scum vibe.
Kitsunelaine - but this is more galaxy brain than anything, why vote for yourself ever? even if it is the first vote? we know there is no tanner, most people would think you are town screwing around but my gut says its scum trying to hide behind something silly.

null read
B-dubs - I'm torn, because I don't agree with you but I'm not sure if that pushes you towards scum leading or just a town disagreement

Town -
Hecht - Even though I disagree with you, you figured out my game on page 4 and then posted about it in the game thread, scum wouldn't go and post that, likely keeping it to scum chat, but town would so instant town for me.

Others that I am still formulating reads on are Stuart444, Kalor, and godfather. I feel like i should have reads on them by now with their posting but I don't.

If I had to vote right now it would be for Grizzly.

move: blue room

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
you should probably figure that out

42.jpg

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I've got a lot I'd want to say about the rooms (I think it has reached the point where my heart is set on going green), but honestly that kind of debate can wait for another day given that dark has a large lead and I don't think I'll change anyone's mind.

Personally I read Zipped's plays as anti-town but not neccesarily scum, though I can certainly understand lynching him to avoid a GoT blarg situation.
I'm wary of it leading to a single bus lynch, so I'll also make a gut vote and go for
VOTE: Z-Beat

Vote: Saenima

Going with my gut for now. Godfather just mentioned it but everyone should try to get a vote down somewhere. Gives us more to look at on later days.
Saenima is currently one of my few town leading reads, not a strong one mind you and I'm probably completely off base but Saenimas reaction to this post:
Okay so let's see.

Kalor any early thoughts on who is scum?

Muffin what room are you interested in?

StanleyPalmtree When you're here, I'll be interested in your thoughts. Your timezone will mean you'll have plenty of posts to read :)

What about you Stu, any ideas so far?

Seems to me like a strong move for someone who was newbie scum, as it might lead to a proper conversation with one of the stronger players.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about voting zipped, but that just seems like an easy wagon to fall into without much thought behind it. And he seems to be baiting scummy feels with the room hopping. Idk.

I'll just put a vote down for melonrabbit for now as she's one of the less active posters, with nothing much to offer so far.

Vote: melonrabbit

Any thoughts on the game so far melon?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017

Probably more like somebody who read the post requirement theory, and then started to fuck around with it for fun. Wouldnt be the first time for somebody doing something like that in this community.

Having trouble deciding on a vote, Zipped is the one who stands out the most, but thats too much of an easy vote tbh.

Surprisingly I'm town reading Bronson, since he didnt have a mentor I was wary of him maybe acting like he was mentored by the scum team, but it doesnt seem that way so far.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How can you not trust his room decisions when he's basically voted for all of them at this point, not really making an actual decision.
You kinda answered your own question, but on top of that I don't fully agree with seemingly orbiting around teal so early.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a lot I'd want to say about the rooms (I think it has reached the point where my heart is set on going green), but honestly that kind of debate can wait for another day given that dark has a large lead and I don't think I'll change anyone's mind.

Personally I read Zipped's plays as anti-town but not neccesarily scum, though I can certainly understand lynching him to avoid a GoT blarg situation.
I'm wary of it leading to a single bus lynch, so I'll also make a gut vote and go for
VOTE: Z-Beat

Saenima is currently one of my few town leading reads, not a strong one mind you and I'm probably completely off base but Saenimas reaction to this post:

Seems to me like a strong move for someone who was newbie scum, as it might lead to a proper conversation with one of the stronger players.
I'm curious as to why you're throwing out a gut vote but also criticising a other gut vote.

Also your defence of Saenima is that they asked someone a question?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Probably more like somebody who read the post requirement theory, and then started to fuck around with it for fun. Wouldnt be the first time for somebody doing something like that in this community.

Having trouble deciding on a vote, Zipped is the one who stands out the most, but thats too much of an easy vote tbh.

Surprisingly I'm town reading Bronson, since he didnt have a mentor I was wary of him maybe acting like he was mentored by the scum team, but it doesnt seem that way so far.
I figure even if all a Zipped vote does is clear up a bit of smoke, it's probably the only real option atm

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
hmm....

Think I'm gonna give Zipped a chance, he said earlier he was just having a bit of fun and on D1, that's somewhat excusable. D2 onwards however...

anyway

UNVOTE

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
SaucyKaz been looking over your posts and not seen much from you. Some room stuff, joke stuff, a comment on hating D1 and a quick defense of Zipped.

Any other thoughts today?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I'm curious as to why you're throwing out a gut vote but also criticising a other gut vote.

Also your defence of Saenima is that they asked someone a question?
If you're referring to my questioning on Stuart's vote I was curious to why he voted, whether it was out of annoyance or actual scum read

If you mean Kalor's I'm definitely not criticising it, it's definitely something to look at, but why not tell him my views, I found certain behaviour from Saenima towny, why hide it from him?

In terms of my feelings on Saenima, I saw the post, thought
and then noted it down to remember for later and then when Kalor brought up his reads, I thought it would be sensible to mention my opinion on the matter.
If you think it stood out to me an unreasonable amount then that's fine but do you want me to pretend I didn't think that?

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
SaucyKaz been looking over your posts and not seen much from you. Some room stuff, joke stuff, a comment on hating D1 and a quick defense of Zipped.

Any other thoughts today?
Yeah I'm going to put my vote down today. Still shooting for the low posters, knowing I'm among them.

I'm thinking to myself about the possible mechanics because apparently talking about it is a good way to catch a bullet around here. I'm thinking about the map layout in particular.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I'm thinking about the map layout in particular.
I toyed with that yesterday but nothing jumped out.

We have three "colors" that aren't part of a rainbow: pink, dark, and grey. Purple would be violet and teal would be indigo.

There's no pattern from jumping to red to orange to yellow. etc.

Can't think of any other prominent color arrangements than your typical ROYGBIV.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
If you're referring to my questioning on Stuart's vote I was curious to why he voted, whether it was out of annoyance or actual scum read

If you mean Kalor's I'm definitely not criticising it, it's definitely something to look at, but why not tell him my views, I found certain behaviour from Saenima towny, why hide it from him?

In terms of my feelings on Saenima, I saw the post, thought

and then noted it down to remember for later and then when Kalor brought up his reads, I thought it would be sensible to mention my opinion on the matter.
If you think it stood out to me an unreasonable amount then that's fine but do you want me to pretend I didn't think that?
You still haven't elaborated on your gut read.

And no I wasn't referring to Stuart's vote. I was talking about Kalor's. I'm not suggesting you hide anything, I'm simply questioning you further.

I'm just intrigued that you threw out a gut vote (with no reason as to why you're feeling this) and your defence of someone else was simply that newbie scum wouldn't ask questions. Seems like quite an assumption to make. In both cases really.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I still think that rooms will be more than just "red room", but we won't know for sure until we move.

But, seriously, what room in a house would have glass walls? A Conservatory? There's one of those in Clue.

76a24fda5952a89008dcb15ae71df4ef.jpg

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm guessing voting/unvoting is relatively normal?

In which case Vote: Zippedpinhead

I'm amenable to it but I will freely admit the whole constantly changing his room vote is hella confusing to me and I really don't like it