• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My problem is that you're poisoning the well. You provoke people into having bad reactions when it's much more useful for everyone if people had bad reactions without being provoked. In my opinion, a provoked bad reaction is functionally useless for town, but that seems to be the only thing you're interested in getting. It really rubs me the wrong way.

If you were town in TMBG you might be town here but I think the fact that you're reacting the way you are to criticism is not a good indicator of townie status.
Stop being angry for a sec and just look at facts ffs. It's really easy. Unless you really want egg on your face again.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
guys it's nighttime for more of the US, you don't have to fabricate an argument rn

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, bed and reading time for real. Sorry if people are getting upset but this is always how I'll play. Separates wheat from chaff the quickest.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop being angry for a sec and just look at facts ffs. It's really easy. Unless you really want egg on your face again.

This is not a good argument. You're making a purely emotional one, with a completely vague appeal to "facts" and a complete dismissal of my point. It's interesting that you read into this anger as opposed to disappointment. I believe I have a functional and valid argument and you have done nothing to address it instead of wave your hands and say "IT'S OBVIOUS". That's not productive and it also feels a little belittling.

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Been spending most of the day reading the thread switching back and forth between switching to B-Dubs over Z-Beat since there's clearly no traction there right now. To be frank, I really don't like his take on *Splinter, and it concerns me that we're brushing it under the rug. But for now, I'll go ahead and make the switch.

VOTE: B-Dubs

---

UNVOTE

Removing this vote for vote tool purposes --Brazil

Last edited by a moderator:

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Godfather (6 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,739
Kopite - #2,501 #2,511
B-Dubs - #2,528
Muffin - #2,649
saenima - #2,655
BronsonLee - #2,729
weemadarthur - #2,806

B-Dubs (4 votes)
Hecht - #1,967 #2,617
Hecht - #2,617
Girlofgotham - #2,724
Godfather - #2,725
LuxCommander - #2,854

LuxCommander (4 votes)
flatearthpandas - #1,876
Zippedpinhead - #2,121
SaucyKaz - #2,598
Fat4all - #2,828

SaucyKaz (2 votes)
Aeleus - #1,731
Stuart444 - #1,796
BronsonLee - #1,916 #2,567

turmoil7 (1 votes)
Kalor - #2,675

weemadarthur (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #2,665

*Splinter (1 votes)
Z-Beat - #2,805

Hecht (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #1,906 #2,665

Stuart444 (0 votes)
SaucyKaz - #1,800 #2,242
*Splinter - #2,141 (Double) #2,278

Z-Beat (0 votes)
LuxCommander - #2,101 #2,854

Aeleus (0 votes)
SaucyKaz - #2,242 #2,499
*Splinter - #2,278 (Double) #2,283
Kalor - #2,404 #2,431

flatearthpandas (0 votes)
saenima - #2,098 #2,655

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Hecht - #1,742 #1,967
Godfather - #1,781 #2,725

Post Counts:
Hecht: 176 Godfather: 108 Kitsunelaine: 92 SaucyKaz: 77 Fat4all: 74 *Splinter: 74 Girlofgotham: 52 saenima: 46 Aeleus: 43 Stuart444: 42 WhySoDevious: 42 B-Dubs: 42 BronsonLee: 36 Kalor: 34 Z-Beat: 30 Muffin: 28 StanleyPalmtree: 25 turmoil7: 20 flatearthpandas: 20 Kopite: 18 LuxCommander: 15 weemadarthur: 13 Zippedpinhead: 5

Current Countdown:
cpt1q7f14u

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Okay. I got woken up and read through some stuff.

There's a strong push towards godfather right now. Kitsunelaine is certainly leading the charge.

It would make sense for him to be a target for scum since there was a train going for him on day 1 so it wouldn't be too hard to get it going again on day 2.

I don't think we're gonna see too many vote changes towards the end of the day like on day 1 because it being the weekend and all. If another train gets going just before the end of the day, I don't think we should trust it.

Vote: B-Dubs

I'm going with an early instinct of him trying to get votes going on zipped early in the game... and now trying to get votes going on godfather.

I'll be around toward end of day, but I'll be wary of any last minute trains this time.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm...This Fats claim eliminates the whole vote thief theory. I'm inclined to believe him.

And I agree with everyone that my scum must have better knowledge of the rooms theory is nonsense. They knew dark would do something to votes and used a power related to voting. Fair enough. I'll get off my soapbox there.

I may have missed this Fats so feel free to just redirect me but why splinter?

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Just as an aside:

I did paraphrase my text.

GoG is a good scum player who IMO can impersonate town really well.

I find it unlikely that GF and Kits are both scum. If we lynch GF and he's scum I think Kits moves into almost town status.

I'm a little worried about this post. I made comments and points to why I thought GF was scum and it appears as he's either being disingenuous to discredit my scumread of him, or worse that he just skimmed through my reads because he knew I was onto him.

I think WhySoDevious is probably town, if he was scum a lot of the newb question's he's asked would've been in scum chat IMO.

I've only been scum once and it was my first game.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
well i was unable to play mafia for pretty much all of today, i only just got caught up and now i need to sleep.
i should be around a fair bit before day end tomorrow tho.

i have barely any strong scum leanings right now thanks to barely having any at the days start and the level of fuckery throughout the day sure aint helped.

For the current vote leaders:
Would be fine with a Godfather lynch if only because he keeps acting like an arrogant dick about everything and its pretty insufferable to read (very NAI for him tho), or for the whole grizzly train that saved him yesterday or whatever.
B-dubs has felt iffy throughout the game but i havnt given it the closer look i would have liked to.
Lux is ?? i honestly only voted him yesterday on the iffy chance that it made things more interesting 10 hours later at days end, little did i fuckin suspect..

but for now just to keep things closer and so that i dont die if i acant actually post tommorrow
vote:B-Dubs

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Still a few pages behind, but why are muffin and Hecht arguing about who to look at? Look at whoever you want and make your damn case.

(FTR Hecht's "math" is garbo. He assumes there are a higher proportion of scum off train, and uses that assumption to show that... there are a higher proportion of scum off train. 1=1, checkmate motherfuckers.)

Alright, let's make a game of it again.

Vote: b-dubs

Me, b-dubs, or maybe lux. Let's see what info we can glean today.
Your honour, let the record show that Godfather took SaucyKaz out of contention.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Ok all caught up. Mostly want to comment on Godfather.

I think he's the scummiest player in the game right now. I don't like the way he played day one, I don't like how he took Kaz out of contention today without mentioning them, and I really don't like his argument with Kits. I quite liked her argument against him, the whole "nervous under bravado" thing. And he put a bizarre amount of effort into discrediting her as a player. He's loosely done the same to everyone voting him, calling them sheep etc.

Buuut I can't decide if I'm ready to lynch him.

Let's be honest, the Grizzly lynch was dumb, and I regret it. There wasn't enough to lynch a top poster on D1, I got overconfident in my read and I'm genuinely annoyed at myself for making the same mistake (suspecting those who post the most) yet again. I really don't like the way Godfather has played this game, but a lot of that could be attributed to play style and is, ultimately, a gut read.

So I dunno yet. I considered voting Lux for D1 info, but tbh I think scum would prefer Grizzly regardless of Lux' alignment, so it's not as enlightening as it otherwise would be.

Voting B Dubs seems... fine, I guess. I've not been very aware of him, vaguely recall him being called out for some scummy specifics. I should probably look back over him before I decide - a summary of the case against him would be super helpful.

In the mean time, I'm just gonna leave a dummy vote on a town read

DOUBLE: turmoil7

Just in case I somehow miss day end again

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Almost forgot this
Got home and basically just fell asleep immediately. Just so I have something down in case I'm not back here for whatever reason:

Vote: *Splinter
If he was outfitted with that power by fat4all I don't really trust that choice

Move: Yellow Room
That doesn't make sense. You're voting me because fats gave me a vote?

I don't think I understand

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Godfather, girlofgotham, WhySoDevious are the ones i read as scummier. Hecht, Kitsunelaine and Z-Beats kind of as well, but less so for now. Gonna read back on those. I hate being on mobile for this :/

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaz shouldn't be out of the running, but it's more likely Lux or me that caused Grizzly to get trained.

On the other hand, while a lot of people here are willing to sheep Kopite cause he's town, they all seem to be ignoring the other confirmed town and who he was after. Weird, eh? Personally, if I had to stake a game on either Kopite or Grizzly, I know who I'd pick.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Kaz shouldn't be out of the running, but it's more likely Lux or me that caused Grizzly to get trained.

On the other hand, while a lot of people here are willing to sheep Kopite cause he's town, they all seem to be ignoring the other confirmed town and who he was after. Weird, eh? Personally, if I had to stake a game on either Kopite or Grizzly, I know who I'd pick.
I don't like the sheeping, but it's because of the assumption that Kopite was killed/silenced for his views.

To be fair it's still fucking weird that Kopite was targeted with this

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 - I like how Girlofgotham started the game, inquiring and pushing for answers. She also pushed back pretty well against Godfather's voting thing. Post 873 is a gem. She then had a back and forth with Devious where i think she comes out looking good. She voted for him but that never went anywhere. She then changed it to Lux. If we find out Lux was indeed protected scum on D1, that's a townie plus for GoG.

Day 2 - good catch on Bronson trying to actually play the game among the sneks in the grass. I like her room talk. Reactions to the claims seem fine. Posits that scum team knows about the rooms, which reads townish, though i don't think that's the case. She pushes back on Dubs' vote. Then pushes back against the idea on focusing on Grizz 's train first, which is where she gave me scum vibes in the first place.

What i got out of this is that Gog reads pretty townie, despite my strong side eye towards the Grizz train thing. Gonna read back on my other scum reads keeping that in mind.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
What's the case against B-Dubs? I finally looked through their posts and not seeing much, unless that itself is the reason for voting them.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I see zero reasoning to drop on Dubs

And literally every red alarm blaring to take out Godfather or Kaz, who are playing the same way RE: voting

I expect the Dubs train to fall out and for them to try to latch onto somebody else around 3-4 PM

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gone back a few pages, and aside from the obvious votes and push on kaz and zipped, he was calling out devious a little and muffin a lot.

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Godfather (6 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,739
Kopite - #2,501 #2,511
B-Dubs - #2,528
Muffin - #2,649
saenima - #2,655
BronsonLee - #2,729
weemadarthur - #2,806

B-Dubs (6 votes)
Hecht - #1,967 #2,617
Hecht - #2,617
Girlofgotham - #2,724
Godfather - #2,725
LuxCommander - #2,854
WhySoDevious - #2,856
StanleyPalmtree - #2,861

SaucyKaz (4 votes)
Aeleus - #1,731
Stuart444 - #1,796
BronsonLee - #1,916 #2,567
*Splinter - #2,869 (Double)

LuxCommander (4 votes)
flatearthpandas - #1,876
Zippedpinhead - #2,121
SaucyKaz - #2,598
Fat4all - #2,828

turmoil7 (1 votes)
Kalor - #2,675
*Splinter - #2,868 (Double) #2,869

weemadarthur (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #2,665

*Splinter (1 votes)
Z-Beat - #2,805

Hecht (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #1,906 #2,665

Stuart444 (0 votes)
SaucyKaz - #1,800 #2,242
*Splinter - #2,141 (Double) #2,278

Z-Beat (0 votes)
LuxCommander - #2,101 #2,854

Aeleus (0 votes)
SaucyKaz - #2,242 #2,499
*Splinter - #2,278 (Double) #2,283
Kalor - #2,404 #2,431

flatearthpandas (0 votes)
saenima - #2,098 #2,655

Kitsunelaine (0 votes)
Hecht - #1,742 #1,967
Godfather - #1,781 #2,725

Post Counts:
Hecht: 176 Godfather: 111 Kitsunelaine: 92 *Splinter: 82 SaucyKaz: 78 Fat4all: 75 Girlofgotham: 56 saenima: 49 Aeleus: 43 WhySoDevious: 43 Stuart444: 42 B-Dubs: 42 BronsonLee: 37 Kalor: 36 Z-Beat: 30 Muffin: 28 StanleyPalmtree: 26 turmoil7: 20 flatearthpandas: 20 Kopite: 18 LuxCommander: 15 weemadarthur: 13 Zippedpinhead: 5 Grizzly: 1

Current Countdown:
cpt1q7f14u

OP
OP
Brazil

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
==== DAY 2 MOVEMENT ====
Day Start

pink room (Active votes: 10)
flatearthpandas - #1,882
*splinter - #2,123 (Double)
fat4all - #2,127
girlofgotham - #2,163
stuart444 - #2,164
whysodevious - #2,216
hecht - #2,260
muffin - #2,261
saenima - #2,267

purple room (Active votes: 5)
luxcommander - #1,865
saucykaz - #1,868
turmoil7 - #1,900
weemadarthur - #1,914
bronsonlee - #1,916

yellow room (Active votes: 3)
b-dubs - #1,837
aeleus - #2,412
z-beat - #2,805

red room (Active votes: 2)
kitsunelaine - #1,739
godfather - #2,265

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Good morning. Catching up. Looking for B-Dubs stuff. If he seems coasty I'll drop a vote to get shit done. Not like there aren't plenty of other people coasting though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized my room vote didn't go through earlier. Maybe I messed up the command.

Move: Pink Room

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, to complete my Gog read up there, i forgot to put in that she jumped immediately into the Dubs trains, which feels like another Bear.

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I think I'm going to keep my vote where it is for now. 7 more hours of chaos so I imagine we'll have quite a different set of people up there but

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
What's the case against B-Dubs? I finally looked through their posts and not seeing much, unless that itself is the reason for voting them.
B-dubs was apparently sketchy yesterday, and then again sketchy today. So that's enough, I'm still wondering if scum really wasn't trying to protect lux or cause a tie...