• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox official channel just posted this brief clip which goes into more detail of how the game works.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
see this is the kind of game that would benefit from 21:9, give each side of the screen more real estate

Jul 20, 2020
This reassures my concerns about the fixed camera angles as someone who never played the OG RE games. I think the two worlds concept is used in a creative way that isn't just "instant world switching". I'm sold on the game considering its on gamepass but I hope they get the atmosphere right and don't rely too much on jump scare. One of my problems with bloober is their over reliance on conventional horror tactics.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping the gameplay would be switching between worlds with just a button press. The split screen feels distracting for an atmospheric horror game, but will have to wait to see more.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, guess i didn't actually realize the gameplay was split screen like that at times? I just assumed the world you were in was full screen and you could switch between the two... Interesting.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think it was actually be a split in the screen. I thought you could shift between the realms. So I guess they won't have totally different changes to the world during a shift, like that Unity movie.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the out of body is a great mechanic. like i was a little worried that despite the vast difference in time both realities are so structurally similar. so knowing you can 'out of body' to freeze one reality and progress in another is a good sign.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
www.resetera.com

The Medium - Dual-Reality Gameplay Showcase

Take a look at the dual-reality gameplay of The Medium in the first official walkthrough demo. Two fully-fledged and visually distinct worlds rendered simultaneously. Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Explore the real world and the spirit world at the same time. Use your psychic...

Status
Not open for further replies.