Oct 26, 2017
Fep what happens if I'm town?
You fucked up majorly by getting yourself lynched or also fucked up majorly by getting someone who is town lynched for questioning you

Asking you the same question zeke. What happens if you're town? What have you accomplished? You really think scum have come out of the woodworks to attack you or you think they are sitting back watching us lynch each other? I'm fighting you because I think town wouldn't purposefully put us in this situation. What are you here?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
EzekelRAGE

A hypothetical scenario
I've read all your arguments about your motivations. BUT

WHAT IF your chat partner crumbed too strongly and it had been noticed by multiple players, some of whom seemed quite scummy?

If that were the case, would you be willing to give them a nameless town read, as [my partner] seems town?

Please answer my hypothetical.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
This seems a bit weak as far as voting reasons go.
Like I said, I didn't care much for his tone... as I was reading his posts, I thought that mods should step in and say something... and then I read that they did.

I don't feel as strongly about Cap right now so I didn't want to vote for him today.

And him coming in late to the game and zeroing in almost exclusively on Zeke's claim.

Maybe not the strongest vote, but one I can live with on day 1.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

flatearthpandas (5 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #390
Z-Beat - #428
Fantomas - #503
CaptainNuevo - #681
WhySoDevious - #683

Ynnek7 (2 votes)
Z-Beat - #300 #313
Kopite - #410
Fireblend - #490 #529
Fireblend - #529

WhySoDevious (1 votes)
CaptainNuevo - #231 #265
weemadarthur - #419

Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Lone_Prodigy - #289

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Stuart444 - #71 #295
flatearthpandas - #381

CaptainNuevo (1 votes)
Aeleus - #290
WhySoDevious - #292 #683

weemadarthur (1 votes)
saenima - #301

Fireblend (0 votes)
Fantomas - #83 #503
EzekelRAGE - #102 #390

Lone_Prodigy (0 votes)
weemadarthur - #135 #304

saenima (0 votes)
Fireblend - #68 #490

Kopite (0 votes)
CaptainNuevo - #265 #681

Not voting: Zippedpinhead, Ynnek7, Vincent Alexander

Post Counts:
EzekelRAGE: 113 flatearthpandas: 69 Fantomas: 64 weemadarthur: 61 Fireblend: 60 saenima: 49 WhySoDevious: 41 Kopite: 29 Ynnek7: 24 Z-Beat: 23 Aeleus: 23 CaptainNuevo: 20 Vincent Alexander: 17 Stuart444: 16 Zippedpinhead: 14 Lone_Prodigy: 10

Current Countdown:
xnzy9qmd1n

Oct 26, 2017
Incorrect.
All shade is from THIS game, and saenima being self protective and not performing as much scum hunting as I expect from them.

No, there may be excellent reason for a chat partner to remain hidden.

Not really.

No. Only belief that they are scum.

EXTREMELY believable based on mafiera history.
If we were to weigh risk between Town coming out or Scum coming out and claiming their other role with Zeke, the bigger risk is scum. I truly don't grasp why a town wouldn't come out. Scum already knows who is town. And I stand by my belief that Zeke has no reason to push for them to not come out on his behalf. He should be indifferent because he doesn't know their alliance. He has no reason to want them safe. Overall, Neighbor is a pretty weak PR. It isn't something that needs protected. I'd love to be convinced otherwise, but it doesn't sit right with me.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Point stands. Why assume so much of the other roles in the game with just your own as the only data point? Might as well have tried.
Role madness games I've been apart of have been tame.
You fucked up majorly by getting yourself lynched or also fucked up majorly by getting someone who is town lynched for questioning you

Asking you the same question zeke. What happens if you're town? What have you accomplished? You really think scum have come out of the woodworks to attack you or you think they are sitting back watching us lynch each other? I'm fighting you because I think town wouldn't purposefully put us in this situation. What are you here?
Or the person that questioned me just fucked up? You seem to shift blame away from you. If you get lynched, "town screwed up".

You really think too highly of yourself.
—————
As far as what scum is doing idk. I can see you being scum and using this as cover. I can see scum laying with the remaining day phase you have wasted focusing on me.
EzekelRAGE

A hypothetical scenario
I've read all your arguments about your motivations. BUT

WHAT IF your chat partner crumbed too strongly and it had been noticed by multiple players, some of whom seemed quite scummy?

If that were the case, would you be willing to give them a nameless town read, as [my partner] seems town?

Please answer my hypothetical.
No I wouldn't.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
CaptainNuevo

Please go back through where I quoted you and asked questions of you and answer them.

I found one question, unfortunately search isn't kind and I suck at using it, even when staring at a list of your posts to find it. Please let me know what else you asked and I'm happy to do so as I said earlier.

What do you think I'm getting at, with that line of questioning? Please follow the quote arrows back to see what they were, I would like an outside perspective to see if I'm being clear enough on another point. Thank you.

My assumption is you're trying to figure out if he has any indication of alignment or if he's tied to their existence in a participation sense (i.e. lovers) which he denied when he claimed IIRC. I'm assuming you're trying to understand why he wouldn't confirm who his partner is, with the understanding being a non-town read would be bad for him to confirm as a partner since it leads us further astray. I'm not too familiar with neighbors or the logic behind their playstyle so I could be totally misinterpreting your line of questioning, though it looks like you're diving even further into the "Why aren't you protecting and naming your partner?!"

Oct 26, 2017
What town gains from partner claiming:
Possible confirmation that there is a chat.

What scum gains:
Whether zeke is telling the truth about his PR
Another vanilla revealed
One less person to target when hunting for a PR.
Scum already knows who is town. And if we were concerned about shortening their list of targets, you shouldn't have come out in first place and claimed a Neighbor PR. Unless you're trying to hide a more powerful PR under your coat.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Scum already knows who is town. And if we were concerned about shortening their list of targets, you shouldn't have come out in first place and claimed a Neighbor PR. Unless you're trying to hide a more powerful PR under your coat.
They know who is town, they don't know who has a useful PR.

Maybe I could be hiding a more pr. If scum isn't in the chat, they won't know.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my hot take: FEP vs. Zeke is town-town and the real scum already slid their vote onto FEP. Another is sliding by.

VOTE: Ynnek7

Oct 26, 2017
Or the person that questioned me just fucked up? You seem to shift blame away from you. If you get lynched, "town screwed up".

You really think too highly of yourself.
I might. But really, if you get town me lynched for a stupid gambit that gains no useful info for town.... I mean, it's great if you want to blame moe for it but it doesn't help us win the game. And I'm happy to get lynched to help town win the game because I will still win. I don't know what you're actually hoping to accomplish. What are you actually hoping to accomplish? How do you actually think you're helping town?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I might. But really, if you get town me lynched for a stupid gambit that gains no useful info for town.... I mean, it's great if you want to blame moe for it but it doesn't help us win the game. And I'm happy to get lynched to help town win the game because I will still win. I don't know what you're actually hoping to accomplish. What are you actually hoping to accomplish? How do you actually think you're helping town?
I've already went over this. Reactions etc.

You dragging this out to day2 is what the problem was. I didn't plan on this being that big of an issue. Especially with you going on and on about non issues.

Oct 26, 2017
About to head out for an hour. I'll be back in time for there to be a good 40 minutes left and figure out where the hell to drop my vote. I refuse to let a day go by with no lynching, so if need be, I'll vote on Panda. But...I'm not sure I feel good about it.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
So that train on FEP just got quite large, not against throwing him out the window but I'm always scared of sudden votes (votes I don't like are Captain and WSD)

I had actually quoted this a while ago but hadn't gone round to making a post referring to it, consider this my train of thought.
The whole FEP/Zeke exchange on the last page is just rehashed noise but the vote by FEP is a bad look. Zeke is unhelpful but it doesn't mean he's scum.

Here's my hot take: FEP vs. Zeke is town-town and the real scum already slid their vote onto FEP. Another is sliding by.

Who do you think might be scum in that scenario?

Also why Ynnek over players like Zipped and Captain, anything more other than safe reads and a coasty demeanour?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017

I kinda agree.

Then I get a flashback of a comment in GTA Mafia that made me ignore the two initial trains and voting for a third player and inadvertently starting a train that got me voted out the next day.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Going from this
Another note:
Aeleus and Saenima have noted I'm "100% fun and 0% content". This is Day 1, barring extreme luck you're unlikely to lynch scum. Why no votes sooner? Aeleus finally put one on me because "I'm surprised at the lack of votes that way!!!" but it was literally hours after he pointed it out. Why the delay? Why the hesitation? Snowball attempt was too weak and you needed someone to push it along? I'm watching you Mr.

To this
Oh man a lot to catch up on happened since yesterday evening. Let's get some thoughts.
Protect:
Saenima, Aeleus - Both have a healthy level of distrust towards me and are engaged in looking at things the right way. Sounds like good pals to have around.
Is quite a sudden difference, any reasoning for the change of heart?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Couple reasons for Ynnek. Others have pointed out his safe reads and quiet play, plus he had the second most votes so he was the easiest to prop up. Plus no one was going for Zipped, although there was a lot of "yeah he's quiet, but..." wishy-washiness.

I kinda agree.

Then I get a flashback of a comment in GTA Mafia that made me ignore the two initial trains and voting for a third player and inadvertently starting a train that got me voted out the next day.

Thanks for sticking up for me even though it got you killed.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, fuck this shit.

You're all very perceptive.

If FEPs is Town here, then all he has done is argue with fucking Zeke about his role claim and get pissed at people. It's a big fucking mess.

Ynnek is not the worst vote here, I've already said I could see myself voting there and nothing has changed that thought.

So let's do this.

Vote: Ynnek7

We should be tied 4-4 now. Let's make a decision.

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry about my attitude if it has been off-putting. Thanks for mentioning WSD and I'd say you're more than 85% right the warning was because of me.

Having said that, I still have my same question for EzekelRAGE

I know I could have been nicer for everyone earlier, but my point was clear I thought and I meant for it to be quick and painless. The reason we don't claim vanilla in normal games is because that kind of claim helps scum more than it helps scum.

In this game, half of a neighbor chat is worthless. Half of a mason chat, where we could actually be reasonably sure everyone was town, is stil worthless. When I talk about bad play, I don't mean a personal insult. Zeke has beat me in more games than I have him, as far as I know, I mean no disrespect, but this claim as it stands now does more to help scum than it does town.

Having two people who believe each other might be town is useful for us. Scum can only kill one tonight. But it's a fact Zeke has cast shade at his own unnamed partner and hasn't given us the name. That means even if Zeke dies we can't trust his partner and their claim will be shady anyway because there will be no confirmed town to verify. This type of claim needs verification. It's so useless without and it isn't fishing to ask for it. It's asking for proof.

It's like someone claiming rolecop and then claiming fishing for asking for their results. Not how it works. Give us reason to believe you. Zeke, what benefit have you given us? Really? How have you helped town?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Between the Captain and WSD votes, both aren't great. Captain's looks like a "oh man I was IRL busy I better get in there and drop a vote" and WSD seemed very easily convinced from his previous "I dunno it seems like a vote on a guy acting scummy is too easy" post. Like he realized that it was the easy vote and that town would jump on.

When Z-Beat posted, we didn't get FEP vs. Zeke round 2 yet so it's a relatively early and organic vote. Fanto looked like he just went to break a tie and liked the FEP voters more than the Ynnek ones. Shows a lack of conviction IMO.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to go for Ezekiel, but if it's down to me or FEP...

Vote: flatearthpandas

I still don't see what Ezekiel's claim got him or us in the long run.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about my attitude if it has been off-putting. Thanks for mentioning WSD and I'd say you're more than 85% right the warning was because of me.

Having said that, I still have my same question for EzekelRAGE

I know I could have been nicer for everyone earlier, but my point was clear I thought and I meant for it to be quick and painless. The reason we don't claim vanilla in normal games is because that kind of claim helps scum more than it helps scum.

In this game, half of a neighbor chat is worthless. Half of a mason chat, where we could actually be reasonably sure everyone was town, is stil worthless. When I talk about bad play, I don't mean a personal insult. Zeke has beat me in more games than I have him, as far as I know, I mean no disrespect, but this claim as it stands now does more to help scum than it does town.

Having two people who believe each other might be town is useful for us. Scum can only kill one tonight. But it's a fact Zeke has cast shade at his own unnamed partner and hasn't given us the name. That means even if Zeke dies we can't trust his partner and their claim will be shady anyway because there will be no confirmed town to verify. This type of claim needs verification. It's so useless without and it isn't fishing to ask for it. It's asking for proof.

It's like someone claiming rolecop and then claiming fishing for asking for their results. Not how it works. Give us reason to believe you. Zeke, what benefit have you given us? Really? How have you helped town?

Hot take #2: votes piling up on scum FEP so they capitulate while votes shift to town Ynnek.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Going from this

To this

Is quite a sudden difference, any reasoning for the change of heart?
I've developed an understanding of how you play and I think you bring value to the game by continuing to play. You're also in that middle ground of people who aren't likely to be lynched already, so prime targets for someone hoping to get kills in without giving much info the game. AKA: a risky place to be. So I'd protect you because barring the public identity of a confirmed town-positive PR like a cop or doctor (which has not and SHOULD NOT be established), that's the best place to protect.

This whole FEP vs Zeke thing with Ynnek on the side is curious. Very interested in seeing who's flipping and flopping, I'm not necessarily opposed to a ynnek lynch, but I think FEP's been a bit irrationally stressed sounding at this without providing much reason as to why he's not the best choice here other than "Scum wouldn't act like this!", so my vote stays here.

Oct 26, 2017
If FEPs is Town here, then all he has done is argue with fucking Zeke about his role claim and get pissed at people. It's a big fucking mess
I'm not pissed at anyone, sorry for that impression. But questioning Zeke with no confirmation is basically everyone's duty. I just question what everyone is doing otherwise.

In no particular order

Town:
Aeleus
Febe
LP
Kopite
WSD
Saenima
Z-beat
ynnek
wee

wtf, you're playing:
zippedpinhead
vincent

Scum:
Fantomas
Zeke
coppa

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Couple reasons for Ynnek. Others have pointed out his safe reads and quiet play, plus he had the second most votes so he was the easiest to prop up. Plus no one was going for Zipped, although there was a lot of "yeah he's quiet, but..." wishy-washiness.
Hadn't noticed you already had a vote up on Zipped, apologies.

Thanks for sticking up for me even though it got you killed.
I'm still not sure how my comment could have been taken for a fish by the way

-----------------------------
Looks like none of my trains ever got to leave the station so I guess I'll pick between FEP and Ynnek:

FEP:
Silent for long period of day
Upon joining in got stuck into a conversation with Zeke
Needlessly hostile, possible scum gambit

Ynnek:
First of the two to break off into survival voting
Poor activity
Safe predictable reads

Has anyone got any points they'd want to add to that also is low activity Ynnek's usual schtick or not?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
FEP, are they asleep right now? I mean I think that is their timezone? Its all I can think about as to why they haven't swapped to Ynnek7.