• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
He's "religious" on top of the insane levels of sexism on display. I don't know if this qualifies as a reaction thread, or if it's even thread-worthy. I'll let the mods do their thing if they feel it's not worthwhile ... but these tweets have been ratio'd to hell and back. Talk about an absolute piece of shit:

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
ha i knew exactly what tweets these would be. I don't know whats scarier: that there are men like, or that there are, in fact women, who agree with this type of subservience.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it just feels like fishing for shit. we all know social media is an utter cespool. man has 800 followers.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this on twitter. Idiots are going to idiot. The most concerning thing is the veiled threat of the husband forcing the wife to vote as he does. And while he can't go into the voting booth with her, he can force her to mail in vote as he does.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
My grandparents think like this :| tried to bully me into following my grandfather's vote too. Fuck that noise

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Religious gaslighting, marvelous.
Why aren't you more loving tho?
They aren't being very loving if they make others use their specific pronouns: why aren't they being more loving? In many ways Christians have accepted the accusation that we don't know how to love these people. In reality, these people are the ones who are not loving others: God, us, or even themselves. They should be more loving.
🥴

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

This person every morning.

giphy.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
ha i knew exactly what tweets these would be. I don't know whats scarier: that there are men like, or that there are, in fact women, who agree with this type of subservience.
LOL me too, I read it this morning. All it needs is a few "Females" sprinkled in

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
tbh its not super surprising with how the bible talks about families. there was a bible passage they read at my sister's wedding that was something like "women obey your husbands and husbands provide a guiding hand for your family" and in multiple forms of christianity theres lots of talk about how the husband is supposed to be the one closest to god and the rest of the family is supposed to follow his lead.

oh here it is, even worse than i thought

Ephesians 5:22-24 said:
Wives should be subject to their husbands as to the Lord,
since, as Christ is head of the Church and saves the whole body, so is a husband the head of his wife;
and as the Church is subject to Christ, so should wives be to their husbands, in everything.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Not surprising as wives obeying husbands is written directly into the bible several times over, even if the modern church likes to try and undercut it a bunch as, you know, women are human beings and not property to be bought, sold, and used only for procreation.

The bible is all fucked and it's not surprising there are people like this shitbrick out there continuing to prop it up.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I read the tweet, my eyes went wide, and I basically just said "HELLO?!"

I went to college with someone exactly like this. I still remember his words.

"Yeah, my wife and I will always discuss things and come to agreements on big life decisions. But if there's no consensus, then we've agreed that I'll get the final say."

I quit hanging around with him. I quit going to the church I was invited to with him. And it's probably a major reason why I quit attending church in general. I still have my faith, but I was seeing the ugliness hidden by the institutions that he was starting to advocate for. (He's a pastor now)

Status
Not open for further replies.