• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
mwRBaRu.jpg

A sequel to The Passion of the Christ (2004) focuses on the events that occurred 3 days between the crucifixion and resurrection when Jesus Christ descended to Abraham's Bosom to preach and resurrect Old Testament saints.

www.imdb.com

The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection - Chapter I (2025) | Drama

The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection - Chapter I: Directed by Mel Gibson. With Jim Caviezel, Maia Morgenstern, Francesco De Vito. A sequel to The Passion of the Christ (2004) focuses on the events that occurred three days between the crucifixion and resurrection when Jesus Christ descended to...

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mel Gibson throwing red meat to Evangelicals in 2004: gross but whatever.

Mel Gibson throwing red meat to Evangelicals in 2024: an actual terror threat.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Should have called it The Passion of the Christ: Reloaded.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Interesting.

Controversy with the actor and director aside (which is a big aside, I know), the first movie was quite beautifully done when it wasn't just lingering on explicit torture. Looks very much like classic Renaissance paintings. I have no idea what to expect out of this one.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
it's a shame that the anti-semite ain't targeting a Easter 2024 release. can't even be historically accurate.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
In a land..... far away..... a man was crossed by his closest friend.... now he's back for revenge....

Jim Caviezel is..... JESUS!

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
The release date is the news. This sequel has been in development for a while.
What is the source of the release date though? Just a blank poster uploaded to IMDB? Seems pretty fake tbh, can't find any news about this filming or anything. Last it was mentioned was a "third draft" being shown to the actor two years ago. Unless I'm missing something here, which is possible.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
They fucked up. Should have picked a different character for the next movie because this is the only cinematic universe I'd be interested in.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The release date is the news. This sequel has been in development for a while.

No, there was no release date announced. This is fake.

They've talked about it off and on for a few years but it's mainly just been known insane person Jim Caviezel saying it was happening eventually.

There are zero articles about a release date or this poster.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
also btw just to clear any confusion, this ain't happening.

could have used this for April Fools, OP

OP
OP
DinkyDev

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
No, there was no release date announced. This is fake.

They've talked about it off and on for a few years but it's mainly just been known insane person Jim Caviezel saying it was happening eventually.

There are zero articles about a release date or this poster.
also btw just to clear any confusion, this ain't real.

could have used this for April Fools, OP
If it's fake, then fair enough. My bad. Mods can close this thread if they wish, or leave it open for discussion I guess...

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That summary sounds genuinely crazy but then again I am no Bible scholar.

Status
Not open for further replies.