• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Former President George W. Bush is turning up the heat on President Donald Trump.

Bush dissed Trump in an interview with People magazine published Monday, hours after he threw shade on the commander in chief's policies on NBC's "Today" show.
"I don't like the racism and I don't like the name-calling and I don't like the people feeling alienated," the 70-year-old told the magazine. "Nobody likes that."

Though Trump has repeatedly claimed he's the "least racist person," many argue his actions say otherwise. Before his political career, the Justice Department had twice sued a Trump company in the 1970s for not renting to black people. In recent years, he was the driving force behind the birther movement, the conspiracy theory that former President Barack Obama wasn't born in the U.S. He also kicked off his 2016 presidential campaign by referring to Mexican immigrants as "rapists."

The 43rd president, who had been reluctant to come down hard on Trump, told People that the Bush Center is involved with initiatives that appear to counter the new administration's policies. He listed several events at the presidential library and museum, such as pro-immigration programs and leadership training for Muslim women, to highlight the work.

"There's a lot of ways to speak out," Bush told People, "but it's really through actions defending the values important to [my wife Laura] and me. … We're a blessed nation, and we ought to help others."

Something something have looked in the mirror

Not notice the irony if old

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
pcdC8Br.gif

Seriously, make the GOP fight each other.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
He probably would've stayed quiet had Trump not constantly shit on him and his brother.

Oct 26, 2017
Bush is bad but this is good, more high profile Republicans need to speak out against this travesty

Edit: Did not know this was from over 3 years ago, guess that did jack shit

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care who it's coming from.

More Republicans need to stand up and publicly denounce him. It makes him go absolutely crazy and react which gets him in more hot water and divides his base.

Remember, Trump needs 100% of republican and republican leaning independents to win in 2020. He got that in 2016. Any tiny block... 5% or 10% of Republicans that don't vote for him across 3-5 states sinks his chances for re-election.

If Bush came out and endorsed Biden in .. 4, 5 months, I don't care who it comes from, that hurts Trump and that's more important to me.

... Wait this is from 3 years ago..? Why post this?

Last edited:

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all those parenthesis I though Bush was calling Trump black for a second. I was like wtf?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You have failed to notice the irony, if I'm reading the "if old" part correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.