• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The steam forums are a dumpster fire right now, but I think posts like this show how childish gamers are. As of late, they seem to think their owed everything.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/
b7qJtJN.png

It's really pathetic.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
an entitled gamer on a steam forum? we're through the looking glass now man

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People sure love to throw out entitled whenever someone complains about a game.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game missed its launch time - not just delayed, but actually missed it - like two or three times, and it looks nothing like the trailer. That's entitlement?

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
The reaction to Atlas shows that people are tired of broken early access games which remain broken even 5 years later (like DayZ)

Imagine defending Atlas devs after they released paid expansion for Ark before the game was finished. And they continue to scam people with that Switch version.

Yes, I know it's technically their "sister team" but I think everyone understands why they put another name. Wildcard's creative directors are working on this.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If you paid 30 bucks for a game, I'm pretty sure you're "owed" a working game.

"Entitled", holy shit.

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please don't generalize. You're looking at a subset of gamers who bought that specific game and has the will and time to write a few paragraphs on the official steam forum.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Whilst that post seems dumb, it's just one post.

Do you have some sort of greater point? Because I have zero clue what this reaction in general is even supposed to be.

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
The game is an absolute mess, and super late. I'm all for calling gamers entitled... but that's when they're entitled.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Maybe Atlas was a bad example as a game, but it should be clear that gamers complain about anything that they don't like, regardless if it's justified or not.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt call them entitled for wanting an online-only game to be stress tested. It also seems that the game was opened earlier for Christmas and to avoid another (small) delay.

Edit: dude, you can put that as an example when there are much better ones.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The steam forums are a dumpster fire right now, but I think posts like this show how childish gamers are. As of late, they seem to think their owed everything.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/
b7qJtJN.png

It's really pathetic.
''They targeted gamers. Gamers.
We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks.
Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.''

Aside from the 'virtue signaling' bit which is just fucking dumb, paying for a broken game is terrible.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That's definitely an embarrassing post that contains idiotic complaints about politics in muh video games, lazy dev rhetoric, etc.
That said I know nothing about Atlas or its quality, not that it excuses any of that.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
That post is pathetic as a whole but I agree on the first sentence, the developer did it to themselves, the game got delayed a few hours til release three times and it's just an ARK mod sold separately

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
One thing this shows me is Early Access means nothing anymore, or people just willingful ignore it. Stop buying early access and expecting things to work.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Lol that backfire tho. People can complain if its literally lies they are told, just dont go over the line. Its a product.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain what this story is all about? I've never heard of Atlas.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe Atlas was a bad example as a game, but it should be clear that gamers complain about anything that they don't like, regardless if it's justified or not.
Well yeah.

Human beings tend to complain when they don't enjoy something.

Would you rather they shut up and be silent or something?

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
I'm struggling to see how this is "entitled." Atlas is being sold for $25. At launch, people couldn't even connect to its servers. Now that some players finally can, they're experiencing awful lag, performance and bugs. Granted, none of this should be surprising because ARK suffered from the very same issues but it's not unreasonable to expect a certain amount of polish and functionality from games that cost money.

You chose a really poor example. I would have gone with the initial reception to HITMAN 2016 where people bitched about it being episodic or requiring an online connection. Or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided where people bitched that the pre-order DLC consumables being single-use or that there were microtransactions for the completely optional and irrelevant multiplayer mode.

There are plenty of good examples of gamers being melodramatic about petty issues. Atlas isn't one of them.

Last edited:

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you give the developers of Ark your money then I dont know what to tell you.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I mean Ark...err I mean Atlas seems like the biggest dumpster fire of a launch in recent memory so of course you're gonna get this kind of stuff more often than usual. You could have made this same thread for almost any game on the internet, what is it about Atlas in particular that brings forth new insight?

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
The game is in a really poor state right now. Early access or not, paying for a game should give the customer a functional product. Atlas is plagued with issues from technical to server side.

This is not the game to call gamers entitled for. It's a hot mess even after 4 last minute delays.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That post is ranting lunacy. But complaining about a broken and deceitful product is not entitlement. It's the right of any customer.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
People are "entitled" to a working product that is as advertised if they purchase it. Bit silly, OP.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
One thing this shows me is Early Access means nothing anymore, or people just willingful ignore it.
I'm not sure if people are new to EA survival games but this is pretty much par the course for day(most of the time week) one. These games damn near always launched broken and unstable. The team keeps communicating and they are at I think 5.0 now. Hopefully they manage to sort it out so people can play it but yeah this is very much the new normal for these games. Hell even AAA full priced titles launch pretty terrible these days.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I bought it and was excited to play but seeing all the issues don't really give me any hope, on top of that the game looks super janky.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It's an Early Access game, issues are expected it's not going to be a finished product. It isn't even at beta stage as it's in ongoing development.
To those saying "Game is nothing like the trailer" what about it exactly is nothing like the trailer? Cause this sure does look like what was advertised.

Sure the visuals may not be the same and they can improve over time as more assets are made. And yes you can post a clip of one thing in trailer and compare it with something totally unrelated in the game to show how ridiculous it is. But does that actually prove it's missing that feature in the game? No!

I mean you get this right next to "Add to cart" option on steam. "If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait". It can't be more clear than that. And the state Ark is in right now does not tell me where this game will be in 2 years time, if that was the case then I'd have never given so many developers a 2nd chance after developing dumpster fires. Which is why I think developers deserve a little bit more time & respect than shitting of this kind. No one forced you to pay for it, and nothing's stopping you from refunding the game.

0ZtYqen.png

EDIT: That video above that someone posted comparing trailer to the game would have me believe the monsters aren't in the game when they are. Infact that whole video is disingenuous because it takes a bit from trailer and then shows a random bit with silly stuff in the game to say how something doesn't exist or how things are different. In a sandbox game like this things like that happen, but things like the trailer can also happen. What's important is whether the game has those features in place and so far it does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.