• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really this is the thing that impressed me the most. The controller directly connecting to the cloud is smart as hell. Eliminating the bluetooth stack will help with latency, it will also help with device continuity as the controller will not have to re-synch to a new device everytime. In addition to that you also get iOS compatibility due to not having to be MFi compatible since you're not pairing it to iPhones or iPads.

I think it's going to be influential enough that MS will make their next controller interface the same way with xCloud and Sony or whoever else gets in this space (Amazon) will do the same.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
I don't know if riping off the most outdated controller design on the market is a good idea tho
The whole connecting to the cloud thing seems nice but as with most things Stadia I'm dubious at best

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Every little step to reduce input lag is needed. Though PS4 have less than 3 ms over Bluetooth. Many controller also get beneath 10 ms. So it is not a huge win.

Status
Not open for further replies.