• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
What was the point of all the cat and mouse. Did they just run out of time? Just like everything else they have done this summer it seems poorly planned.
For the record I am aiming to get a launch Xbox Series X as it is the more appealing console for me at this time with a PS5 down the road. But MS, WTF are you doing?

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
How exactly did they "waste time"?

Sony hasn't announced prices at all for the PS5. And, curiously, Microsoft has still not revealed the price for the Series X.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
They wanted to be able to prevent being undercut by Sony like with the PS4 reveal.

This is of course the essence of a leak. It's not like they planned it. Now the price is out, it's set in stone and Sony gets to react to it. Editing the price after its out would look like desperation and backfire hard.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The hasty tweet and promise of more to come pretty much shows they didn't want this info out at this time.

Gibbs

Oct 25, 2017
West Virginia
How exactly did they "waste time"?

They didn't waste time. It was leaked and they just announced it verses ignoring it doesn't exist. Dude is angry for no real valid reason.

Wasting time is like a game being delayed and the developer waiting until 3 weeks to a month to be like "Hey we need more time" and boom the hype dies.

May 25, 2019
London
They are pretty upset too:

I have zero sympathy. It's September 8. Come up with a better strategy. And no, waiting for Sony to go first should not be your only strategy.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
How was 'time wasted'? If it's not out yet, what difference does it make if it was announced 6 months ago, now, or in 6 more months. I really don't get it

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
leaks can be pretty damaging. in this case it was more like a minor embarrassment that they were able to spin around pretty quickly because they're genuinely good prices

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
While appriciating the opinion, we have so many Xbox Series S threads on the front page at the moment, this could surely be shared in one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.