• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raylan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Things aren't looking right at 343 Industries. And this has been going on for quite some time. After a long time of silence, secrecy and almost five years after Halo 5's release we finally saw the campaign gameplay of Halo Infinite. And oh boy does it look disappointing.

Many members of 343 left the studio in the last years. Some of them are the lead producer Mary Olson and Creative Director Tim Longo.

Jason Schreier wrote this one year ago:

I have heard from multiple people that Halo Infinite has had a long and rocky development cycle. (I broke the news that their CD left.)

Of course, all of 343's Halo games had long and rocky development cycles.
I'll be curious to see if Halo actually makes it. On one hand console launch games can't get delayed. On the other hand, games that lose their creative directors midway through development aren't exactly going through the most stable productions.

And today we got this rumor:
www.resetera.com

Brad Sams: ''One source told me that [Halo Infinite] MP isn't going to be with single-player this fall.'' (UPDATE: 343 denies claim. See threadmarks)

In his weekly news show, Brad sams said that a source (trustworthy, who has been right in the past) told him that there is a possibility that Multiplayer will not come with the Single-player at launch, the video, with timestamp: Update from 343's Community Director:

Aaron Greenberg even tried to blame Covid-19 for the graphics yesterday.
It looks like the truth is 343 Industries has a lot of issues right now. They are struggling for quite some time now. And we can see it in the latest Halo Infinite footage.
Things aren't right.

armadillopoke

Banned
May 14, 2020
Things may not be right at 343. Stating it with certainty and spinning it into a narrative is not a good look.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
So you bring up a tweet from a year ago and a rumor from an unreliable source that should be banned from here to shit on the game? Stop with the console warring.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a Halo game if there isn't strife behind the scenes. 343 still has a ways to go to match Bungie in that area though.

Oct 27, 2017
When is the gaming section here going to evolve beyond this immature childish garbage and posters moonlighting as sleuths that speculate about speculation.

It's sad.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
I genuinely hope I miss remember this, but weren't you the one who belittled the notion/worries when Naughty Dog lost Bruce Straley some years ago. Something along the lines of _there are plenty of people to fill his role_ etc.?

E:
When is the gaming section here going to evolve beyond this immature childish garbage and posters moonlighting as sleuths that speculate about speculation.

It's sad.
Wouldn't expect anything else considering next-gen consoles are just around the corner.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
No offense, its not like I disagree with you, but you're just regurgitating news from a year ago.

Not to mention that rumor was just debunked.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
"Aaron Greenberg even tried to blame Covid-19 for the graphics yesterday."

The gaming community has acted like this year is normal time and time again and takes that frustration out on devs. They need to be reminded because they collectively act like some of the most entitled shit heads while the entire globe deals with this pandemic. Stop calling it an excuse, this pandemic is absolutely affecting this world. What is with the complete lack of compassion these days within the community?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
They finally brought Halo to PC and the ports are in a great state now, so they're fine in my book. I'd blame the showing last night on whoever gave the greenlight to showcase something that obviously wasn't ready. It's not like their competition had big gameplay demos they had to counter anyway.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Honestly though game kinda looks like it went through an identity crisis. Like some people wanted something completely new "a reboot" to bring life back in Halo, while at the same time sticking to its roots? The result is some kind of open world compromise, but what purpose does open world serve?

I don't think the graphics are a big deal, the concept is a little confusing

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe people in this site think COVID doesn't affect game development.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
There's a load of threads already criticising them, do we need another one?

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
"Aaron Greenberg even tried to blame Covid-19 for the graphics yesterday."

The gaming community has acted like this year is normal time and time again and takes that frustration out on devs. They need to be reminded because they collectively act like some of the most entitled shit heads while the entire globe deals with this pandemic. Stop calling it an excuse, this pandemic is absolutely affecting this world. What is with the complete lack of compassion these days within the community?

I'm mind blown that somebody typed that line and posted it. Nobody gets to decide how covid has affected someone else or another business. Unreal.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
We're in the middle of a pandemic that has affected the industry all around, not just 343i. While there have been reports of issues at 343i, there's nothing here that isn't already being discussed in one of the other Halo Infinite threads open at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.