• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
I thought it was just mobile, but I'm getting it on my desktop as well, and it's REALLY weird because it just started within the past week.

plB6gAX.png

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
I got some too. And I scanned and there was nothing on my machine and I only get them from Resetera

Jabronium

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure about desktop but it's gotten terrible on mobile. Just had two while typing this up in fact.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Only browse on desktop now. The worst is the full screen "Bible" ad hijacks.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, on Chrome for desktop and on Chrome for iOS. ONLY on this site. Shields up until it's sorted.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It only happened to me in Chrome on my phone. Firefox doesn't seem to have the same issues.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Yep usually its only on mobile but yesterday i got it all day on desktop. Makes coming to this site a chore.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I only notice it on my phone. There are days I simply cannot browse the site on it.

Never an issue on desktop.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
It's been happening to me on Chrome browser on both Android and Windows 10. It's getting worse.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
Before this thread is closed, allow me to point out that there is a thread for this in the Announcements forum, which will be pointed to by whichever staff member closes the thread.

Which makes me wonder why they don't move it here or pin a thread linking to it or something.

I actually just posted there right before you mentioned this, and yeah, I had to find it from some old redirect thread from 2018 or something.

It's honestly nuts how many people are getting it, and it looks like there's been an increase in this recently. Hope it's fixed soon; Reset's been pretty good to me, honestly, for the two years I've posted here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can confirm since yesterday. Desktop.

Both at work and at home.

GOT ONE AS I WAS TYPING THIS.

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
Been getting them for at least a week or so on my phone, and last day or so I've noticed it a lot on desktop. Really annoying.

Using Chrome on desktop and Android phone.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I get a bunch when I'm on data but none when I'm on wi fi. I don't know why that matters, but it is really annoying.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
Happened last week for two days. Every couple of months I get redirects ads.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
nope. but i do have an ad blocker installed.

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
Hasn't happened to me yet today, but it's definitely not a new problem. I've gone entire days where I can't browse Era due to this.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
It's happened on browser and mobile, if it happens at work I'll be off era until I feel it's safe.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I just mentioned this in the other thread, but from what I understand, individual sites can't control individual ads like this. They have to report them to the ad company who can then remove or block them. In the meantime, affected sites are at the mercy of the ad company. I'm sure it is extremely annoying for everybody involved.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The fact that there are two threads right now about this is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.