• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How is your experience with PS5 so far?

• Smooth sailing (no issues at all)

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Minor issues (minimal coil whine and soft crashes to OS)

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Medium issues (audible coil whine, crashes)

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Heavy issues (loud coil/fan, hard crashes, systems powers off)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • My PS5 is deaaaadddddd

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious how the launch unit experience actually is for the general users. Tries my friend's PS5 today and honestly it was inaudible pretty much, so I am curious.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 technically been dead since I opened it last Monday. Every game crashes almost immediately.

I'm glad I was able to cop another one on best buy 2 days ago. I hope my luck doesn't fucking suck by the time I open it lol.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Minor problems:

-PS5 violently spins the disc periodically every hour or so even when playing a digital game lol

-Sackboy deleted itself (Physical copy) so I had to re-install it

-My Miles Morales save is pretty messed up; changing suits doesn't seem to work (I've had cutscenes where you're meant to be Miles but he still has his spider suit on XD) and every time I boot it up it defaults to fidelity mode with subtitles turned off. The only way to fix it is to reboot the console and hope that it fixes the problem so it's only a temporary fix.

Generally though, it's been fine. Not used rest mode just to be on the safe side.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Smooth sailing so far. Had a glitch in Miles, but it wasn't a crash, just the game not loading a suit.

Hexnest

Sep 18, 2020
I've been playing it for over a week now with zero issues.

I'll admit, reading a lot of threads/posts on here had me worried about eventual problems developing, but it looks like I'm in the clear.

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Minor issue where I have to reset my modem to get store and Activities to work. Its quiet and runs amazingly well otherwise and is a much bigger step from PS4 Pro. I have a 3080 with a great cpu but the loading time diff will actually make me consider some games for PS5 I figured I would just get on PC.

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
I've had two crashes, one the system needed to be reset the other just went back to the UI

Other than that it's all good

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
As the console is new and we have multiple threads for PS5 discussion and issues, we don't need another thread on it. As such, this is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.