• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gears Escape. Rainbow Six Quarantine. Outriders. Battletoads. Remnant: From the Ashes.

All games at E3, all games still pushing this backwards ass three player bullshit. Is your friend group larger than three people? Tough shit, one of you gotta sit out or y'all gotta pick another game.

I can't fathom why this is a trend, why is this a trend? It can't possibly be a technical reason. Is this just some sort of skeletal remnant of the time period when Destiny was the new big thing and everyone wanted to copy it?

Apex don't think you're getting out of this post unscathed, there's a reason why Fortnite is more popular and it's a five letter word that starts and ends with 3.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
While we're at it, 4 player co-op is bullshit. Some of us have more than three friends, people! And don't even get me started on 5 player co-op.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same could be said if you have a group of 5 players to be fair. But I also do wonder the reasoning behind this push for 3 players. Maybe it's easier to balance team mechanics with smaller teams?

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Three player coop is bullshit, some of us don't even have two friends
lmaaao deadass came to post this.
i'm lucky to have one of my buddies come on to play with me and then sometimes i'll play with his friends.
but if they aren't playing i'm usually alone

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Any kind of "default team size" is rather arbitrary.

For a while it was 4 players, because Nintendo consoles had 4 controller ports and you can do 4-player split-screen neatly.

I have no beef with games not requiring 4(!) people, especially when it's online games. I would guess that they figured out 3 to be the magic number where you can have interesting gameplay (the whole Tank / support / DPS dynamic) while not excluding people who don't have a "larger" group of friends to play with.

ArcaneFreeze

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly agree with this. Don't know why they didn't keep the 5 man group from R6:Siege for Quarantine. I think 4 player co-op is the perfect number though

MrChillaxx

Banned
Jan 13, 2018
This has to be one of the silliest complaints. Every game must support 1-64 players coop from now on,you read it here first.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Video games are bullshit.
I have nothing else to add. Fuck video games.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
I have 1500 friends on Facebook, does that count? I need to coop with so many players, this is total blasphemy!

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
nathan-fielder-nathanfielder-out-on-the-town-having-the-time-29939708.png

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gears Escape. Rainbow Six Quarantine. Outriders. Battletoads. Remnant: From the Ashes.

All games at E3, all games still pushing this backwards ass three player bullshit. Is your friend group larger than three people? Tough shit, one of you gotta sit out or y'all gotta pick another game.

I can't fathom why this is a trend, why is this a trend? It can't possibly be a technical reason. Is this just some sort of skeletal remnant of the time period when Destiny was the new big thing and everyone wanted to copy it?

Apex don't think you're getting out of this post unscathed, there's a reason why Fortnite is more popular and it's a five letter word that starts and ends with 3.
Some people don't have many friends that play games, or that would want to play those games in particular.

Be happy with what you have, which is more than some.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when Diablo went down from 8 players to 4. Sad times, only the best of best friends made the cut

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
My family is basically all I have for friends, my wife and daughter, and that's three, so three player co-op works just fine for me.

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Be thankful we get decent co-op games at all these days. I remember co-op being nearly dead for a while during the xbox 360/ps3 era. Now so many great games have it, I just wish more had couch co-op.

Friday night is Sea of Thieves night for my crew and it easily becomes a problem as there is more than 4 of us.

Deleted member 10726

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Our friendgroup usually has at least 5 people interested in the same game at the same time, which totally blows for 4 player coop games. Not saying 3 player co-op is good, in fact I won't even provide any argument that it is because I hate odd number player maximums other than singleplayer, but at least one saving grace for us are games which allow modding on PC and have a mod that allows more than the vanilla amount of players.

Risk of Rain 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Stardew Valley are good examples. Most other games we play do not have a single digit max amount of players to begin with. (Minecraft, ARK, MoHu World (which technically is 4 player max but it allows more than that to be in the same session)). Here's hoping at least some of them new 3 player games will eventually have mods to permit more players.

Deleted member 10726

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
1v1 fighting games are bullshit, some of us have more than one enemy.

Tbh it's been a long time since I played a fighter than only allowed 2 players in a single lobby. (Maybe Xenoverse 2 but I never bothered with PvP in that)

I think even Smash Ultimate arena lobby thingies allow more than 4 players to be in the same room, taking turns with fighting against eachother.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I know what you mean. I have 19 friends. When are games going to accommodate me and my friends. It fucking sucks!

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France

Still better than 2 player coop

Status
Not open for further replies.