• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I found this job posting for the single player of TLOU2 that was posted on LinkedIn in mid-December 2018: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/...e-last-of-us-part-ii-at-naughty-dog-569532911

Idk how common it is for a dev team to be hiring a level designer this late in 2018 (specifically for a game with a presumed 2019 release date) but combine this with the fact that neither ND or Sony have even confirmed a 2019 release window and I'm starting to think that this is a 2020 game.

Maybe it could still be coming out this year but their recruiting team will have to 1) sift through possibly hundreds of resumes, 2) pick candidates and schedule interviews, 3) actually hold those interviews, 4) pick who they want for the job, and 5) go over the work contract for their pick and introduce them to the company & the project.

This seems like a process that could take several months and I don't think they'd be hiring for a position as important as level designer in late 2018 if TLOU2 was a 2019 title.

What y'all think?

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Nice thread title.

It can be anything, maybe they need more people to crunch? I don't believe it will be released next year anyway, just that gut feeling.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on what is planned for the multiplayer and the DLC, they can still hire level designers after the game is out, I don't think you can read anything into that. That said, they never said it was a 2019 game.

Edit: misread the job posting. Still might be DLC.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
Did anyone think it was coming this year? It hasn't been slated for this year and we haven't really gotten any new info since E3. If it was coming out this year I would think we would be seeing a lot more of it the same way that UC4 had a lot more promotion before launch.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That is a very thin piece of evidence to make a thread about. Game development is complicated and developers hire all the time. We already know there is no chance of the game in the first half of 2019 so this isn't strange at all.

I personally believe it hits in 2020 as a final big exclusive just as the original did for PS3. They'll then port it down the road.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
OP doesn't take in to account maybe a level designer just left the copy so need a replacement
maternity/paternity leave
the previous level designer was a ghost and they just found out and sent it to a shadow realm

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Might be DLC, might be replacing a level designer who will leave soon, might be ND are developing everything in parallel, this is a pretty big jump in logic.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
This isn't news-worthy without context.

Employees come and go at all stages of projects for many different reasons. The simplest being that an existing employee left the role and there's an opening to fill up.

Status
Not open for further replies.