• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
The governor of California has authorized restaurants in my county to open their dining rooms again. I went to a diner today and was able to slowly enjoy breakfast and coffee in a restaurant and banter with the wait staff a bit. How I have missed this simple pleasure.

Please do not derail this with concerns about opening too quickly. There are still safety and distancing guidelines to follow and my county has had an exceedingly low infection rate (20 confirmed cases in a population of 220,000).

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Not a good move with this quarantine going on. What if you or your family get sick, or you get someone else sick?

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
The governor of California has authorized restaurants in my county to open their dining rooms again. I went to a diner today and was able to slowly enjoy breakfast and coffee in a restaurant and banter with the wait staff a bit. How I have missed this simple pleasure.

Please do not derail this with concerns about opening too quickly. There are still safety and distancing guidelines to follow and my county has had an exceedingly low infection rate (20 confirmed cases in a population of 220,000).

I'm sure it was wonderful. I hope you didn't infect the staff who were hopefully protecting you by wearing masks. I'm assuming you didn't eat or drink coffee with a mask on, so I certainly hope they're OK!

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
Ok, I won't talk about any concerns regarding opening too quickly.

Instead, let's talk about what a dick move it is to post about this "wonderful" experience while everyone else is stuck at home? Is that the point of the thread, then, if it's not to talk about the main issue at hand?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I took my mother out for a late mothers day lunch at her favorite restaurant yesterday and i would be lying if i said it didn't feel good being able to go out and eat again. Though i don't plan on doing that very often until this pandemic is over..

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
giphy-downsized.gif

Oct 27, 2017

All 220,000 have been tested, repeatedly, in the past two weeks? That's great!

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, so I'm supposed to get married in October but that might not happen if this gets drawn out long enough.

So I've got nothing but a giant fuck you to anyone that could possibly make that happen.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Hey we're in the middle of a pandemic that is totally not under control, but I get to have mah coffee!

Did you bring your AR-15 for maximum effect?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
An exceedingly low local infection rate means absolutely nothing because just one or two vectors can trigger a week or two of exponential growth before anyone knows they're sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.