• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

It's unclear if this is just a glitch or if Facebook reversed his ban all of a sudden.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
This was just a month ago.

www.cnbc.com

Facebook upholds Trump ban but will reassess decision over coming months

Facebook's oversight board effectively punted the decision on the length of the suspension back to the social media company.

Facebook's independent oversight board ruled Wednesday to uphold the company's January decision to suspend the Facebook and Instagram accounts of former President Donald Trump.

But, the board said, the indefinite time frame of the suspension "was not appropriate." The board effectively punted the decision on the length of the suspension back to Facebook, saying it "insists" the company "review this matter to determine and justify a proportionate response that is consistent with the rules that are applied to other users of its platform."

The board asked that Facebook complete the review within six months and made suggestions for how to create clear policies that balance public safety and freedom of expression.

So they pushed it back to Zuck and he was like...okay I guess.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Well, that's really fucking disappointing. Guess that explains why his blog was shut down...

That's really gross of Facebook to just lift his ban, fucking hell. That fucker doesn't deserve a platform

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
deplatforming wait what the fuck.

Well, onto the fascist propaganda / campaigning. Hes gunna announce his run. Democrats will keep trying to work with republicans until they run the time out and get him back in with all their voter supression.

This script is so obvious.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Be funny if they made it viewable but changed his password and sends any requests to a White House e-mail.

I mean, it's what I would do. But I'm good at being an asshole to assholes.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Wasn't Jason Miller hinting that he was going to be back on some sort of social media platform soon? This might have been it.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
And just like that, all his sins washed away by our corporate overlords.
Looking forward to Zuck explaining away how him talking about how he's the rightful ruler of the USA is a good thing for democracy.

That said, Facebook is already a cesspool and his talents of bullshit seem to be more effective on twitter, so hopefully it will still be easy to ignore him

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing but not entirely surprising, maybe--Facebook just going to keep racing down that path, I guess.

Like, I'd hope it's a glitch or some sort of archival-only thing, but realistically once the review board told them to put a firm date on things or let him back in, it seemed likely he'd be back.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I was always under the impression that Trump's twitter presence was more important than his facebook presence.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hopefully just a glitch.

However, if it's not: Please don't link his shitty posts here, Resetera. I deleted Facebook for several really good reasons and this is one of them.

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, it was good while it lasted. Was really enjoying life with this dude completely absent from the public eye.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, time for him to get his shit stain following riled up to the max for 2024.

Also deleting my account as someone else said above if this is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.