• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
www.businessinsider.com

The Trump campaign is reportedly planning a way to bypass the 2020 election results in key swing states

Sources told The Atlantic that the Trump campaign was planning to install loyal electors in swing states with Republican-led legislatures.

well this is fucking terrifying.

The Trump campaign is weighing a postelection strategy that would bypass the results in key swing states by installing electors who would vote for the president in the Electoral College even if he loses, The Atlantic reported. Using a rationale of baseless claims about widespread voter fraud and other irregularities with mail ballots, President Donald Trump "would ask state legislators to set aside the popular vote and exercise their power to choose a slate of electors directly," The Atlantic's Barton Gellman wrote, adding that "the longer Trump succeeds in keeping the vote count in doubt, the more pressure legislators will feel to act before the safe-harbor deadline expires."

what the actual fuck? Can they actually do that? Is there any protection against this? If he manages to do this its over no matter how we vote. Godamnit

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck around and find out. There will be mass protesting on a scale that hasn't been seen before if they screw with the results.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Businessinsider only does shoddy reposts of other outlet's articles designed for maximum clicks. Use a real outlet.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
www.businessinsider.com

The Trump campaign is reportedly planning a way to bypass the 2020 election results in key swing states

Sources told The Atlantic that the Trump campaign was planning to install loyal electors in swing states with Republican-led legislatures.

well this is fucking terrifying.

what the actual fuck? Can they actually do that? Is there any protection against this? If he manages to do this its over no matter how we vote. Godamnit

If I recall, the SC actually struck this down, about faithless electors or something? But I'm not 100% sure.

isn't this just an abridged version of the Atlantic article that was shared yesterday?

Believe so, yes.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Businessinsider only does shoddy reposts of other outlet's articles designed for maximum clicks. Use a real outlet.
Exactly. They're just stealing The Atlantic reporting in this article. They content farm the big journalistic outlets--NYT, The Atlantic, WaPO, Vanity Fair.

I believe this was posted already.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Guess I am going to ask again amidst all these bold proclamation of protests:

What makes people think that anything will actually happen and be big enough to matter if Trump steals the election given Trump and GOP:
  • Have the support of cops whose ranks are replete with white supremacists and fascists
  • Have the support of military owing to sales of weapons to Saudis as well as Pentagon siphoning money meant for COVID related medical supplies into jet engines and armor without repercussion
  • Have the backing of corporate america owing to tax breaks for multi millionaires and billionaires
  • Have the support of energy sector given this admins promise to give them access to protected lands and decimation of EPA
  • Have the backing of private education sector given his admin supported redistribution of education funds towards unregulated charter schools
  • Have the support of bigots and neo-nazis most of who comprise of the greater portion of pie that possesses guns, armors and varying types of ammunitions
  • Are aided by campaign of misinformation via social media that the admin has embraced and weaponized
  • Have a state run news channel that is not exactly unpopular
Given how elections have been stolen in other countries recently and then settled into a new norm subsequent to great violence does not really inspire confidence unless, as an outsider, I am missing something

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
America is going to be Russia 2.0. I mean given how the oligarchy have utterly corrupted the government, they're already most of the way there. Compromised elections will be the final piece of the puzzle.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
His fucking cult claim to be patriots while supporting a goddamn wannabe dictator.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
He's playing to his base. They think he's invincible and liberals being scared just feeds into that.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Guess I am going to ask again amidst all these bold proclamation of protests:

Ein1gpVUwAAYpsB

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
Ya this is 100% a scare tactic. He's trying to get anyone not voting for him to lose enough hope to not bother voting

Oct 27, 2017
He is going to do anything to stay in power, and the people behind him are intelligent enough to find loopholes in the gentlemen's agreements. The ones purposely never closed in the past to keep white slave owners in power. All of that 'no matter what happens if he loses, January he's out' is assuming so much that so far has proven to be blatantly untrue. He can continue commit crimes because there is literally no one to stop him. No one.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

The Election That Could Break America News

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/what-if-trump-refuses-concede/616424/ This part is particularly terrifying. I'm very, very concerned. They have a roadmap for a legal and constitutional theft of the election. There is absolutely no doubt that they will claim irregularities...

Status
Not open for further replies.