• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
"When gently corrected by one of the astronauts about how other women have spacewalked, Trump uses his middle finger to 'fix' his hair."

Video here

I'm disgusted, but certainly not surprised.

Flip me off during a historic spacewalk if old.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Eee... I mean I actually use my middle finger as well to do it... doesn't mean I flip someone off...

EDIT: But it is Trump after all... but I don't think he is this cunning actually.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Once I carelessly used a middle finger to itch my eye in a meeting with a new boss. She lost her shit on me.

After 9 months of insanity, she was let go and I remained employed. She proved to be absolutely bonkers.

But I never made that mistake again.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That seems like a stretch honestly. Could be intentional, but it isn't nearly as showy as Trump tends to be and he's not doing it at a rally to rile up his base.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is reading too much into it. To be honest.

He's not clever enough to think of that on the spot.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to say it was innocent, but he does do it right after he's corrected by one of the woman astronauts.

OP
OP
Viriditas

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Normally I'd give someone the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't on purpose. Not here though.

Compared to everything else going on, it's just a gross drop in an otherwise hideous bucket. The lack of respect/perspective shouldn't be normalized, though -- those women are making history and the President of the United States is trolling.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diagrammed:

Pro:

He does seem irritated quite quickly by being corrected.
He's not touching his hair, he's sorta middle fingering his whole brow area.
He's the kind of person who would do that.

Anti:

She's being polite and detailed so he may not have had time to realize he was being corrected.
He's anticipating the five second delay*
It's possibly just a nervous tic with no meaning

* BENEFIT OF DOUBT NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS CARBON UNIT

Somebody should go through footage. Would be hilarious if this was some frat boy diss he's been doing in plain sight for thirty years.

Windy_Smile

Oct 27, 2017
Are you kidding, if he wanted to he'd flip them off proudly. His base would have loved it, women should'nt do a man's jerb and all that.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
I think he was given no choice but to use his middle finger to try and "fix" his hair, or scratch his scalp under that hair sprayed weave up there:
His hands are so tiny that his middle finger is probably as long as a normal persons pinky finger.

OP
OP
Viriditas

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm tempted to say it was innocent, but he does do it right after he's corrected by one of the woman astronauts.

Yeah, I think saying it's a coincidence is what's a stretch. It's on purpose. This is the kind of childish nonsense someone like him finds clever.

It's certainly not a crime against humanity, but it's disrespectful nonetheless.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Diagrammed:

Pro:

He does seem irritated quite quickly by being corrected.
He's not touching his hair, he's sorta middle fingering his whole brow area.
He's the kind of person who would do that.

Anti:

She's being polite and detailed so he may not have had time to realize he was being corrected.
He's anticipating the five second delay*
It's possibly just a nervous tic with no meaning

* BENEFIT OF DOUBT NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS CARBON UNIT

Somebody should go through footage. Would be hilarious if this was some frat boy diss he's been doing in plain sight for thirty years.
You just know Trump probably thought he needed to wait five seconds to respond after hearing that.

OP
OP
Viriditas

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
...okay serious question, has nobody ever told y'all it's not polite to use your middle finger like that for stuff because of the messaging it can convey, even unintentionally? Like I'm confused now because I've been called out on it plural times before (like adjusting my glasses with my middle finger), and I thought learning to curb that behavior was a normal part of acquiring adult body language habits. Like learning not to scratch your butt in public.

Nov 21, 2017
This is silly, and we have plenty of actual bad behavior and policy by the president we can be focusing on rather than imagined bad behavior

OP
OP
Viriditas

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
This is silly, and we have plenty of actual bad behavior and policy by the president we can be focusing on rather than imagined bad behavior

I definitely wasn't saying this should somehow take priority over everything else going on. Posting a thread about it isn't the same thing as shouting from the rooftops that this is ground-breaking information or whatever.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's nothing imagined about it. He's a sexist pig and his first reaction to being corrected by a woman is to childishly give her the middle finger. It's pretty par for the course for a guy like Trump and its a shame we've gotten to the point where this sort of this is normal.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like he doesn't even know where he is, what's going on, or who he is talking to. Come on OP.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
This is silly, childish and really immature....

It's totally possible he did this on purpose.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
There's nothing imagined about it. He's a sexist pig and his first reaction to being corrected by a woman is to childishly give her the middle finger.

He scratched his head.

This is the actual "fake news" that we so often call out the right for. No different than when Obama would be judged for not putting his hand over his heart or some bullshit.

Except unlike Obama, Trump is a known piece of shit with actual daily issues to be outraged about so we don't need to make shit up like they did.

This is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.