• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
www.deseret.com

Donald Trump holding on to lead over Joe Biden in Utah

President Donald Trump may be trailing former Vice President Joe Biden nationally, but he’s holding onto his lead in Utah over the Democratic challenger, according to a new Deseret News/Hinckley Institute poll that also shows a majority of the state’s voters like the job he’s doing, including...

Half of the registered voters polled for the Deseret News and the University of Utah's Hinckley Institute of Politics said they would vote for Trump if the November election were held today, compared to 31% who would go with Biden. Only 11% said they are unsure who they'd choose.
At the same time, 55% approve of the president's job performance, while 42% disapprove. When it comes to Trump's response to the coronavirus outbreak, Utahns were slightly less supportive, with 52% expressing approval and 45% disapproval.

Trump was not a popular GOP presidential candidate in Utah versus other presidents, but he still won(we are GOP dominated).
We're definitely an outlier State when it comes to political trends.

Scott Howell, a former Democratic leader in the Utah Senate, said the poll results mean Biden supporters like himself have work to do. But Howell said he's hearing dissatisfaction even among Republicans about how Trump is dealing with the virus.

"It's surprising to me," Howell said of Trump's lead in Utah, given Biden's strength in national polling, as well as a number of swing states. "Coronavirus has realigned voters' concerns and behavior countrywide and it's interesting to me that same trend isn't happening here in the state of Utah."

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Is this supposed to be surprising? I don't think there was ever a hint of it going blue this year, was there?

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We should have nominated Corey Booker.

gt3tcaakfqk21.jpg

I still think about this. 😥

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Never been to Utah, and my only concept of what Utah is like is based on Footloose and Halloween 4 and 5 (all were filmed in Utah), though the Halloween movies were supposed to be set in Illinois, so I'll stick with Footloose. My take away is basically... crazy religious people and LOTS OF "FEAR OF CHANGE"! Oh, and tractor chicken!

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's Utah...I've seen about a 2:1 ratio of US flag to Trump 2020 flag. They probably approve of his handling of COVID because it hasn't really hit that hard and because the state has handled it decently. Not because of anything he has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.