• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017

I felt the need to post this specifically as what's being claimed here has been assumed for a while but never this clearly, or at least out in public. I just wanted to make sure people saw the moment this administration officially crossed the Rubicon and that it wouldn't be lost in the absolute hurricane of other news to come out today.

And just to be sure that this isn't being taken out of context, here's the actual recording and transcript of this exchange:

Judge: What's your view on the 5th Avenue example? Local authorities couldn't investigate? They couldn't do anything about it?

Trump Attorney: I think once a President is removed from office, a local authority.... This isn't a permanent immunity-

Judge: Well, I'm talking about while in office.

Trump Attorney: No.

Judge: Nothing could be done? That's your position?

Trump Attorney: That is correct.

I can say comfortably and without hyperbole that this administration poses an existential threat to the country.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
So complete, unfettered immunity while you are president. Just rape/murder/steal as you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.