• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
14eazit.jpg

Video of said bullshit

Of course hes going to say he was making the OK hand gesture. But I ask, why would he make an OK hand gesture when hes talking about AOC? He hates her and doesnt think shes OK.

Fucking please impeach this fuck.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
We are never going to wake up from this nightmare because the people who have the power to stop this don't want to do jack shit. And it doesn't seem like there's gonna be a revolution or civil war either because no one wants to get their hands dirty or organize. I swear, I don't have it in me if we have to go through another four years of this after 2020.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It truly does feel like we are living in an alternate reality almost with where politics around the world is going.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We are never going to wake up from this nightmare because the people who have the power to stop this don't want to do jack shit. And it doesn't seem like there's gonna be a revolution or civil war either because no one wants to get their hands dirty or organize. I swear, I don't have it in me if we have to go through another four years of this after 2020.
It's going to last a hell of a lot longer than that.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
thats symbol is dirived from him in the first place, he uses it a lot and so it became a calling card to nazis

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
I mean, he's a white supremacist, sure, but doesn't he do that gesture every few minutes, to the point of it being a major component of people's Trump impressions and caricatures?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
He uses this gesture all the time, before it was Co opted by white supremacists while talking. This is a reach. The guy is a racist but he's not throwing up a sign here.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, he's a white supremacist, sure, but doesn't he do that gesture every few minutes, to the point of it being a major component of people's Trump impressions and caricatures?
Yeah. Not to say he isn't being racist here, but I don't think he's smart enough to ascribe higher level symbolism to his erratic arm movements.

OP
OP
BackLogJoe

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He's awful but I think this is reaching a little too far into crazy town

No way. Maybe someone else. This motherfucker has seen the criticism towards members of people around him for taking pics making the white power signal. You think hes deaf to all that shit? When Stephen Miller was accused of it? Hes doing this shit intentionally.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the guy is a legit white supremacist who is saying and doing an insane amount of racist shit on the daily but that hand sign is one of his quirks. Dude can't go a sentence without doing it.

Like, anyone doing a Trump impression is gonna put on a shitty fake tan, pout out their lips and do that hand sign every other word.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He uses that hand gesture all the time.

Maybe he is using it as a dog whistle, maybe he is not. There's plenty of overtly racist he does that this isn't something to bang our heads into the ground on.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yeah, don't think I'm ever going to get onboard the đź‘Ś = Nazi train. At this point parts of the left have made that hand signal such a boogieman that the hard right will use it just to feed into the paranoia.

No doubt the man's a racist ball of decaying flesh - just stop pretending a common hand sign is secret code.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
No way. Maybe someone else. This motherfucker has seen the criticism towards members of people around him for taking pics making the white power signal. You think hes deaf to all that shit? When Stephen Miller was accused of it? Hes doing this shit intentionally.
the nazis adopted it as a signal because trump does this every 5 mins

nearly every speech, even pre-election

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
this is some qanon shit, like, I'm sorry

the man can barely form a coherent sentence half the time, he's not out here sending coded messages to his 4chan white nationalist fanbase. he doesn't know memes, he doesn't know the secret alt-right hand signs, he's being the same paste-eating idiot he's always been

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As much as I disagree with this guy on just about everything, I don't think he was doing it for the purposes of making a white power symbol. Having said that, as a president you should have to be aware of what is appropriate and what can be misinterpreted. You could probably find an image of most modern presidents doing something similar.

main-qimg-b0bc77fc47905362ecaaf43315e8551b.webp

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

His followers aren't going away after next year regardless of the results. The hate inspired isn't going away after next year regardless of the results

You don't unbox this. You won't bring back the dead. You can't restore the environments and the species the ignored climate change has already devastated. You can't vote out two SCOTUS justices. You cannot undo the damage

OP
OP
BackLogJoe

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People, I know he does the hand gesture all the time.

Hes a fucking troll, though.

Hes told the four Congress members to go back home where they came from and hes been attacking them ever since.

I really believe he did this shit intentionally since this story has blown up about his racist twitter attacks. Hes trolling and hes hyping up his idiot sycophants.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I still hate the fact that a gesture that's been around since the 5th century has been stolen by a bunch of societal rejects that rally around a cartoon frog that pees with his pants around his ankles

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Hes told the four Congress members to go back home where they came from and hes been attacking them ever since.

I really believe he did this shit intentionally since this story has blown up about his racist twitter attacks. Hes trolling and hes hyping up his idiot sycophants.
Dude, this is honestly conspiracy level shit.

He doesn't need to "troll" when he is openly racist all the time.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is a reach. He does it all of the time. He's very expressive with his hands when he talks.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

Bud, stop. He's bad enough without needing this conspiracy theory level stuff to it.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it is. Well known at this point.

A 4Chan hoax is what started this.

In 2017, the "okay" hand gesture acquired a new and different significance thanks to a hoax by members of the website 4chan to falsely promote the gesture as a hate symbol, claiming that the gesture represented the letters "wp," for "white power." The "okay" gesture hoax was merely the latest in a series of similar 4chan hoaxes using various innocuous symbols; in each case, the hoaxers hoped that the media and liberals would overreact by condemning a common image as white supremacist.

It's still a universal symbol of "ok" and just hand gestures in general. I don't buy the white power thing. It does not seem like something that is as prevalent as say a swastika or nazi salute, unless I've just missed that entire side of the internet (totally possible).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy shit? Look at the photos linked above. All of those people are openly racist and yet they are making hand signals. Its part of their thing.
That Trump is specifically doing this hand signal, one that he is famously known to do none stop, just to send a dog whistle to 4chan IS conspiracy shit.

This is goofy, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.