• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
And yes he used to have a check.

E9L-TEWXEAI_RCo

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, Twitter own goaling this by bringing attention to something that might not have had much otherwise.

Strike and strike hard, workers! Get your money!

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna Streisand the Nabisco situation all over.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
is that for real the reason?

Blue checks have controversial opinions all the time, so I'm surprised they're singling out Danny DeVito regarding Nabisco.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
They sure moved quickly for this, yet they let the orange shit stain on twitter for years despite all the awful shit he said

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds just like coincidence, unless there's anymore to support this? It could easily be a fuck up or tech issue.

Oct 26, 2017
Are they owned by the same company or something? Why would Twitter care? It's not like every pro-union message gets this kind of response, does it?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
It's probably not Intentional, I think usually it happens if a user makes certain changes to their account

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have any actual evidence that the post caused him to lose his checkmark? Because that makes no sense at all.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds just like coincidence, unless there's anymore to support this? It could easily be a fuck up or tech issue.

Most likely we'll get a statement that the check was removed "in error" and it'll be back. Either way it gets more eyes on the Nabisco story.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how people here rush to judgement when it doesn't load. Like it's most likely possible there is a tech error or glitch and not that he got in trouble over a cookie company.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at my top trends, you'd be forgiven for thinking that Danny DeVito dressed up as a scantily clad He-Man for his Onlyfans page.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how people here rush to judgement when it doesn't load. Like it's most likely possible there is a tech error or glitch and not that he got in trouble over a cookie company.

Sidenote, but as a tech person I'm always floored at the amount of people that try to connect two unrelated issues together.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we're missing a piece of information here.
They may very well be related but on the surface it doesn't look to be the case and could be an error or something else.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Celebrities have had their checkmarks removed accidentally before and they were later put back

Twitter is garbage but they didn't remove a celebrity's blue checkmark because he showed solidarity with Nabisco strikers. Left wing celebrities would be losing checkmarks on a regular basis if something like that caused it.

Come on.

Oct 25, 2017
i cant believe danny is almost 80
ive just assumed he was always vaguely 50ish for the last 30 years, who gave this man permission to age

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
It's just so unbelievable that Twitter decided to do the most visible and yet least effective move to try and silence one person from talking about organizing efforts at a company unrelated to both of them. I wonder who many other people twitter has silenced on this topic.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
People in this thread surprised a large, American company acts like a cunt when it comes to unions and treating workers fairly. Come on now.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my guess is petty worker who isn't a fan and it'll get restored. or somekind of mass reporting. I think this happened to someone else this year or last.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
I dont use Twitter but I thought the checkmark just indicates that he is actually Danny DeVito. I am pretty sure he is still. Something else must have gone wrong unless Twitter is in the thrall of Big Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.