• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
I swear..I love the internet chaos of console launches!!

pnJhGad.jpg

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Ahh, yes, Konami, truly the most relevant of all gaming brands.

Rockstar was trending here for the same reason. Oh, gamers.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Lol Konami. I mean, at least if someone did buy them they might bring some life into that husk.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody should want acquisitions but the fact that people are clamoring for them makes it feel even more inevitable than it already is.

It's depressing.

This is people's livelihoods, folks.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Konami?

Now that's a name I haven't heard for a long time.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand people being enthusiastic about companies buying other companies...

Streusel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Dec 28, 2017
Konami doesn't even have many studios besides mobile/Pes, they'd be better off just buying the IPs, and even then, why not just create new ones?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Why is everything a tit for tat, just buy each console when the price works for you. You don't have to own just one thing then die on that hill.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the "buy companies like crazy" thing this has started.

But honestly, anything to get MGS back in the hands of Kojima. This is the one case where I would be so happy.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a dumb response to the news today, but I would be lying if I didn't say I would at least like someone to take those IPs Konami is sitting on and actually do something with them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Konami would be such a stupid investment for any company. They don't even have the staff necessary to make games anymore so you would just be buying a bunch of unattended IP.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
It's cool when you buy studios etc but outright buying publishers is going to create an arms race. I can almost bet you Sony will inquire about purchasing Capcom or Square. Not good for the industry.

LOL not sure why Konami is brought up on Twitter.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean Konami has more old school ips that are more valuable to say Nintendo, heck they should just sell them the hudsonsoft ips.

not that any of this will happen

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
It is really, deeply, pathetic to be a fanboy for a giant corporate conglomerate.

Cuyeo

Oct 27, 2017
That would be like throwing money to a bottomless pit. Don't get me wrong, Konami's got some of the greatest gaming's IP ever, it's just modern Konami would require a great restructuring to be back on track.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Whatever gets them back into game development, I guess.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
This would be a disaster for PlayStation, in my opinion. Say they were feeling frisky and went out and offered someone like Capcom or Konami $10 billion. Do you not think that Capcom is going to turn right around, go to Xbox, and tell them that they're selling to Sony for $10 billion if Microsoft doesn't outbid them? What if Xbox offers them $12 billion and Sony can't match or outbid them? People downplayed the "Microsoft Warchest" for years, but it is very real. It's honestly best for Sony to not tempt fate by going out looking for a deal and they have no need. Buying a third-party publisher doesn't match Sony's strategy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.