• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Why one and not the other though? That seems like a bit of a strange decision... Especially since they're already making physical discs of Xbox copies anyways.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Just this generations way of trying to get rid of used games. Interesting that PlayStation version has the option - I wonder if Sony wouldn't licence a game without a physical version available?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure some won't mind but I wouldn't think there would be a ton of people who buy a collectors edition and don't want a physical copy. Who wants a bunch of cheap memorabilia but not a disk?

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minimum quantities on disc print runs comes to mind.

If you are going to a future where digital is the majority of sales then those higher quantities that MS require start getting costly.

Rather they just did collector editions without the game itself. To me it makes more sense...

ps3ud0 8)

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
More reason to dislike collectors editions, although I won't be affected as I'm not buying an X.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
wtf? why one console and not the other. I could sorta understand if both didnt to go the pc gaming route

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Minimum quantities on disc print runs comes to mind.

If you are going to a future where digital is the majority of sales then those higher quantities that MS require start getting costly.

ps3ud0 8)
That make sense for indie games, but it doesn't apply to Ubisoft games that will sell a ton

Dec 8, 2018
Fuck forcing digital on anyone especially on a collectors edition. The stragest part is why it´s Xbox only also? Dont they even have the marketing for Valhalla?

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Just make the collectors editions their own SKU with no game then people can buy whatever version(physical, digital, PS5, Series X etc) they want.

EA had it right with the Mirrors Edge Catalyst collectors edition.

Just start doing that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.