• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonFreecs

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Apparently somebody made a 60fps patch for bloodborne. Distortion2 is streaming it on twitch right now. It has not been released to the public yet. This is the first time I heard of this, close thread if old.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Isn't that PS4 Pro exclusive as you can't hack save games on PS5?

I played BB yesterday, Sony, this game needs a 60FPS patch ASAP!!!!11

logash

Oct 27, 2017
It looks beautiful. It's crazy that Bloodborne is the only Souls game that doesn't run 60 FPS on PS5.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
😭

edit
I will probably never get to play this game at 60FPS. I do not expect Sony or From to go back to such an old game

Oct 29, 2017
www.twitch.tv

heyZeusHeresToast - Twitch

I'm the guy who hates video games but plays them for a living. I also play Bloodborne, but that's not a video game. Bloodborne is life.

Zeus is also streaming it, so I imagine Lance has distributed it to prominent Soulsborne streamers.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It is from Lance, although I haven't heard anything about him knowing anything about Sony's plans.
I'm pretty sure he said something like he would release it this month if Sony wouldn't do something before.

Yeah, I think I was thinking of this old Kotaku article. Just getting my wires crossed.
McDonald says he'll release the patch publicly after the PlayStation 5 has released, to give Sony the first opportunity to bring 60fps Bloodborne to all players. He doesn't expect that the PS5 version of the game will target 60 FPS unless a developer has specifically sat down to re-engineer the game, similar to what McDonald did. "You can't just throw more power at the game," McDonald said.

Yeah it's from him, did he show it before?

I know he passed it to Digital Foundry but I'm not sure who else.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
So I am very unclear about this topic and Lance Mcdonald, but how can he patch a game on Sony's system without approval? Would love to get back to Bloodborne at 60fps...

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
60fps Soulsborne is too good. Even though I can't play 60fps Bloodborne, watching it is tempting me to play some 60fps DSI/III on my PC.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So I am very unclear about this topic and Lance Mcdonald, but how can he patch a game on Sony's system without approval? Would love to get back to Bloodborne at 60fps...
I think it's got something to do with save editing, the same reason you see all those Bloodborne "mod" videos with bosses and enemies in random places. I could be wrong though.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, dist is awesome. I randomly watched an old speedrun of his on YouTube some time back and now he's easily my favorite streamer.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
save game manipulation. That's what they did for all Bloodborne related patches/discoveries afaik.
I think it's got something to do with save editing, the same reason you see all those Bloodborne "mod" videos with bosses and enemies in random places. I could be wrong though.

Woah, I had no clue this was even a thing. That's really cool!

Maybe I need to get back in anyways...been hungry for a Souls game and can't get a PS5 yet(luck be with me this week).

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this does get streamed a lot and gets enough momentum that Sony feels the need to actually do the damn thing themselves

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Woah, I had no clue this was even a thing. That's really cool!

Maybe I need to get back in anyways...been hungry for a Souls game and can't get a PS5 yet(luck be with me this week).
it's the only point to actually access some data as the PS4 itself is closed and never got hacked, right?

Maybe that's also why we can't export our save games locally to USB yet on PS5 (come on Sony!!!)

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Weird how Bloodborne has seemingly been abandoned by Sony/From with regards to patches.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
I
Weird how Bloodborne has seemingly been abandoned by Sony/From with regards to patches.
The game is nearly 6 years old. How many games actually get support after year 1? This is not a predominantly competitive game. I would love an update, but I am not expecting anything. The time has passed

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
meanwhile Microsoft patches original Xbox games to run in 4K60 on their latest hardware 🙄

It's pretty sad, yes :( But it's also From Software, and it's not like they have the best track record in patch old games for newer systems?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
By From? Not weird, those guys make a game and move the hell on. By Sony? Yes. A lot of work is not required and the return on investment would be day 1 if they put this in a brand new remastered SKU and sold it. Get a good porting house to do it cause From won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.