• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thread title

• Agree

Votes: 52 29.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 104 59.4%
  • Neutral

Votes: 19 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
I have tried Animal crossing several times over different consoles but i never could get inti it.
I realised not all games are meant for everyone but Rune factory is one of my fav series. I will even rank Harvest moon/ story of seasons over Animal crossing.

The games seems to have no depth, the villagers are sterile in personality, and the whole series is a chore to play.

I am sure they are good games, and many do enjoy it, but i seriously think its not a 30M+ series

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately don't get Animal Crossing - the entire concept seems to run counter to what I enjoy about games - but I'm very clearly not the key demographic for it so whatever. Doesn't bother me if it's popular.

dougie4306

Jul 15, 2021
youre right op, this is an unpopular opinion

really not sure how this encourages conversation in literally any way

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Bought into the hype. I'm neutral on it, I'd rather play harvest moon/Stardew valley

Feb 22, 2018
Ah yes, Animal Crossing New Horizon sold 30+ million accidently.

I was walking down the street, suddenly trippedand accidently fell into Gamestop. The next thing I knew I had bought Animal Crossing.

Jan 16, 2019
But it doesn't matter what you think if it is worth 30M+ sale or not. A lot of people like it so they bought it, even though some are buying into the hype but so what?
Several people also think "Nintendo games are for baby" and not worth the same $60 price like other AAA game and I'm also pretty sure those people are wrong.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what there is to be discussed in a whole thread about this. You have an opinion that differs from the mainstream on something. Ok?

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Having tried a couple of games, I think it's incredible boring.

But it doesn't bother me that it's incredible popular. People seems to enjoy it a lot, so, it's great for them :)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel there are better games in the social life-sim genre. But it's not like any other major company is trying to compete with Animal Crossing at the moment...

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I agree but I wouldn't make a thread about it... I know it's not for me and move on.

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
I have tried Animal crossing several times over different consoles but i never could get inti it.
I realised not all games are meant for everyone but Rune factory is one of my fav series. I will even rank Harvest moon over Animal crossing.

The games seems to have no depth, the villagers are sterile in personality, and the whole series is a chore to play.

I am sure they are good games, and many do enjoy it, but i seriously think its not a 30M+ series

Popular consensus: The game was not made for you.
You're against 30M players that is enjoying the game and don't have a single opinion like yours

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i don't see the appeal of thing, so the 30 million people that do are wrong?

like there's obviously an audience for a creative sandbox life sim and animal crossing meets those needs

Jalen

Dec 18, 2017
I do feel like something has been lost with each new AC release, but it's very easy to see why people enjoy them.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, Animal Crossing New Horizon sold 30+ million accidently.

I was walking down the street, suddenly trippedand accidently fell into Gamestop. The next thing I knew I had bought Animal Crossing.

Did you buy 20 thousand copies like me when you tripped? This is how Nintendo gets ya, I swear.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
As I get older, I care less about the opinion of others. Not that I don't respect their opinion, I absolutely do. And part of respecting their opinion is realising that its okay if people like different things to you.

Worrying about whether your opinion aligns with 'the consensus' is a waste of time, an emotional drain, and leads to negativity.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of logic is this? Sales are a direct result of the number of people who enjoy it lol

How is it not a 30M+ series?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The nerve of some people enjoying something that I don't!

Mar 11, 2020
tumblr_mh6seapwLU1rqqme8o1_500.png

Oct 27, 2017
You really made a thread just to say "I don't like a thing that's popular"? Not to mention AC isn't trying to be like the games you listed. The entire point of the series is to be a low pressure, low stakes, low responsibility life sim where you do some chores, interact with villagers and then call it a day.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You could've opened this up with a discussion about the parts of the game you don't like more in depth that a single sentence, and then framed the thread as a discussion about what you would've preferred them to do that would appeal to your tastes and had an open discussion about what people would like to see come to the AC series.

Instead its about why does it have big sales when... who cares.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The series has lifted my mood and spirits in some pretty bad times, and been a generally relaxing and pleasing experience. Its reception is 100% deserved in my book.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm neutral about it, because I had fun for a while and for sure long enough to get my moneys worth.

But I know a LOT of people that absolutely love the game and play it every day. It absolutely deserves it's status.

Mister Niwa

Oct 25, 2017
Millions of people enjoy Animal Crossing, so… why? Because you don't enjoy it as much as another game? I get what you are saying about Rune Factory, but it's all about the representation. With Animal Crossing you have a broader audience in comparison with Rune Factory. Not everybody likes typical Anime Artstyles, not everyone wants to date or marry the people in their game. Different people like different stuff.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Best and most uplifting game to play while in a depressing lockdown. Thanks OP.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the stupidest 'opinion' I've ever seen on here. It sells millions for a reason. It's not an unpopular opinion its just objectively false

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hard disagree. It allows for an exceptional amount of creativity while containing a wonderful amount of personality. It may not be for everyone but there's almost nothing else like it anywhere close to its level unless you're a full blown Sims die hard.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do think that Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons (and Stardew Valley) scratch a similar itch and, in a lot of ways, are better games - Animal Crossing has a lot of structural issues that annoy me.

But at the end of the day it speaks to the quality of the basic gameplay loop, and above all else the quality of the presentation, that has it outshine its competition. Animal Crossing FEELS cozy, and there aren't really many competitors in that space that scratch the same itch. Even among life sims.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Disagree, that said I was disappointed in the 'build everything' direction of New Horizons. I definitely prefer the more in-depth and dynamic villager interaction focus of previous games.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
"Doesn't deserve the massive sales" isn't even an opinion? OP just doesn't like Animal Crossing, that's the opinion.

The series has had increasing sales figures with every game. You just don't like it, that's all, it doesn't mean it's not "deserving". Whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.