• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
EnI70uhXcAIvqvP

When I start my PS5 up sometimes Demon's Souls gives this unsupported disc error on the main screen and won't start up unless I either eject disc and put it back in or restart my PS5. Sometimes when I start my PS5 up, my disc drive will start off insanely loud which is a 100% guaranteed unsupported disc error. Is anyone else having this problem?

My PS5 is horizontal, and no I am not putting the disc in wrong. I've seen that others have this issue, but I'm trying to gauge it on here as well. I don't know how to get ahold of support via chat either, I tried on Twitter but they just directed me to some page that I go around in circles in without being able to find any info for help.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The PS5 can't play PS3 games. Make sure you are using the PS5 disc of the game.

;)

moving

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo
EnI70uhXcAIvqvP

When I start my PS5 up sometimes Demon's Souls gives this unsupported disc error on the main screen and won't start up unless I either eject disc and put it back in or restart my PS5. Sometimes when I start my PS5 up, my disc drive will start off insanely loud which is a 100% guaranteed unsupported disc error. Is anyone else having this problem?

My PS5 is horizontal, and no I am not putting the disc in wrong. I've seen that others have this issue, but I'm trying to gauge it on here as well. I don't know how to get ahold of support via chat either, I tried on Twitter but they just directed me to some page that I go around in circles in without being able to find any info for help.
Before I got my PS5 I was having this issue on my Pro. Super loud on start up and the disc sounds like it's clunking about, starting and stopping. Sounds like the exact same thing.

Had my Pro in horizontal position, switched it to vertical and it read/s everything fine after that.

Have you tried turning your PS5 upside down?

Clearly a nostalgic throwback.
So this reply might not be too far off. Hah.

OP
OP
Valcrist

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about maybe trying the factory reset suggestion. I could also try putting the console vertical... Though I'd totally hate it.
This happened to me. You're putting the disc in upside down.

Horizontal console, label side up. Just like anything else out there. Unless PS5 requires me to put my discs in upside down?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EnI70uhXcAIvqvP

www.resetera.com

PS5 Troubleshooting Thread

I figured that there should be a thread for PS5 troubleshooting since the Xbox Series X/S has a thread. How long does the PS5 take to install the dayone firmware update? I have been waiting for 15 minutes with the white light flashing? Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.