• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
USA Network has given a pilot order to Masters of Doom, a drama based on David Kushner's nonfiction book, from James and Dave Franco's Ramona Films, The Gotham Group and UCP. Masters of Doom is being eyed as an anthology series, with the first installment based on Kushner's book, published by Random House in 2003.

Written and executive produced by WGA Award winner Tom Bissell (Gears of War), Masters of Doom is the true story of two computer geniuses in an obscure corner of America who, along with a group of rebellious misfits, created one of the biggest franchise hits of the 90s, the video game Doom. John Carmack and John Romero were best friends who became bitter rivals, as they created a video game empire and transformed pop culture forever.

Deadline

I have no idea what this could be or how this will turn out. Doom is great. Masters of Doom is great. USA Network is eh. James and Dave Franco are a weird choice? I assume they must be big fans?

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Deadline

I have no idea what this could be or how this will turn out. Doom is great. Masters of Doom is great. USA Network is eh. James and Dave Franco are a weird choice? I assume they must be big fans?
James & Dave worked with Bissell on The Disaster Artist, so this seems like a natural evolution of that relationship. If that movie is any indication, this will be a fairly entertaining industry dramedy that is made significantly worse because James & Dave Franco insist on playing the lead roles themselves.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
???

That network that gave birth to the amazing Mr. Robot? They are more than "eh" to me lol

they've made a lot of shit shows that no one remembers over the years hence my "eh". they've made some good shows like Mr.Robot, Psych, Monk but there's a huge selection that people just don't remember.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
???

That network that gave birth to the amazing Mr. Robot? They are more than "eh" to me lol
USA's a strange network. They seem unsure if they want to keep producing infintely-rerunnable reality trash, or full-on prestige TV. Also, they're the home of a considerable amount of WWE programming. Truly the least consistent brand in television.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Interested in this, but don't really want to support things related to James Franco after the several sexual allegations.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This book is fantastic, this could be something special (and unlike console wars I hope this actually gets made)

Status
Not open for further replies.