• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
486.jpg

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I personally prefer the blackout spoiler because it doesn't interrupt the line.. The ispoiler is sort of a novelty I mostly use for comedic effect. The full spoiler box is for longer spoilers.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
SPOILER is for when you want to hide a large block of text

cross is for when you want to put a spoiler within a larger sentence/paragraph or to make a joke

ispoiler is for when you want to look like a tool

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah scrolling on my phone has accidentally uncovered some of the hidden spoilers that are text heavy (a paragraph or more). The spoiler link is definitely the best way

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The blurry stuff is good for gags, but shouldn't be used for real spoilers. I didn't know what it was the first time I saw it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The blur can be very hard to see on dark theme unless your brightness is high enough.

Blackouts are ok but are less clear about what's being spoiled.

Spoiler box with a warning tag is best.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Blur actually has a glitch after clicking where you can still read it slightly. Kinda like a time-out.

Admins should look into it.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I use Dark Reader. Era's factory purple is too harsh haha

Honestly, you're the one using non standard themes here, so i'm not sure it's fair for you to ask the entire forum to use the shittier spoilers.

(not an actual spoiler incoming, btw, don't worry)
Like, in a Star Wars thread, when someone post's about how they were really confused when Guy Fieri showed up, it kills the readability entire post when you use the regular SPOILER tag for that. And you don't need a spoiler title for that.

Like, the above, as opposed to:

I was super confused when
Guy Fieri
showed up.

So take that out on your weird custom theme / reader, not on us :P

OP
OP
Box

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Honestly, you're the one using non standard themes here, so i'm not sure it's fair for you to ask the entire forum to use the shittier spoilers.

(not an actual spoiler incoming, btw, don't worry)
Like, in a Star Wars thread, when someone post's about how they were really confused when Guy Fieri showed up, it kills the readability entire post when you use the regular SPOILER tag for that. And you don't need a spoiler title for that.

Like, the above, as opposed to:

I was super confused when
Guy Fieri
showed up.

So take that out on your weird custom theme / reader, not on us :P
Yeah I thought it might me more widespread but nope, just me :D
The black out used a few posts above is perfect but not in common use.
If this thread makes one person use the tag where they wouldn't have before, then I'm ok with the pile on :p

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I thought it might me more widespread but nope, just me :D
The black out used a few posts above is perfect but not in common use.
If this thread makes one person use the tag where they wouldn't have before, then I'm ok with the pile on :p

I'm really Guy Fieri that you see it that way.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Glad to see more people learning about ispoiler which is my preference. Cross is fine but has the glitch the OP mentioned.

BUT... I had no idea about the double ispoiler cross option. That's neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.