• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Half Life 2.1 confirmed.

Maybe we'll get like a tiny tiny tease at the end of the game for the events surrounding the ending of HL2 episode 2?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Finally I'll see the end of the story and what happens. Too bad it's VR though, but I only wanted to know what happens next anyway.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Are they trying to annoy half life fans that dont own vr? Bah.

Dont plan to jump in until they are cross platform.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I'll say that VR aside, whatever the fuck, Valve is doing a great job of insisting that this game is the real deal. And it sure looks the part

rare

Oct 25, 2017
VR seems to be integral with it's design, why are people upset? VR finally has a real AAA killer app

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Last time I heard that phrase it was for a franchise that ultimately disappointed in the end

Not keen on hearing it here either

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Sounds like they need to do the same joke Kingdom Hearts made when the opening to KH3 introduced the game as "Kingdom Hearts II.9"

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
VR seems to be integral with it's design, why are people upset?

I mean, I think it's understandable - 100% of people who've played and love the half life games did not play them VR and probably only a small minority of said people have access to a VR headset. Given we've waited 12 years for anything half life related, at least I certainly didn't hope for it to be on a platform I didn't own and have no intention of owning. Valve in many ways helped to define PC gaming and now their key series is not playable on a standard PC.

That said, these threads shouldn't fill with people like me whining about it. The game looks incredible, I just can't at this point see myself investing in VR on the basis of it, much as I adore the series.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So like Rogue One Or Halo Reach for Half Life I guess. Still a prequel but always play in release order.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured it would be set between the events of the games.

This has got to be leading up to a Half Life 3 surely.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So is there a time skip towards the end or some time travel shenanigans / multi-dimensional porting so that you get to see some of the aftermath after Half-Life 2 Episode 2? Or is it that you will just appreciate the game more if you see the ending of Half Life 2 Ep 2?

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Whether true or not, they HAVE to say this to drum up interest for a product which people cannot play without buying a relatively expensive accessory.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
As some one who just wanted the next big budget VR experience. I hope I can get by without playing the prequels.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
This at least tells me that they have writers again which was one of many reasons why Half Life 3 never moved forward supposedly.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll ever make a non-VR Half Life after this (obviously this game will always be VR only). I've tried VR and it's neat, but anything that allows you to move without actually physically walking makes me really motion sick, and unfortunately anything with that type of walking is inherently limited by your room.

Status
Not open for further replies.