• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Searched and didn't find anything, and Valve gave me a 10-minute heads up, so here's my story:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019...ers-brand-new-vr-headset-slated-for-may-2019/

Valve Corporation's long-rumored VR headset is finally real. After allying with HTC to launch the Vive as a SteamVR product in 2016, Valve has moved ahead with plans to launch its own headset, the Valve Index, in "May 2019."
The news came on Friday in the form of a single teaser image, shown above, of a headset with the phrase "Valve Index" written on its front. The front of the headset is flanked by at least two sensors. This shadow-covered hardware matches the leaked headset reported by UploadVR in November of last year. That report hinted to Valve's headset supporting a wider 135-degree FOV, as opposed to the roughly 110-degree FOV of the original HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.

It says a lot more than Valve's source site, which just contains a single image.

Decrease my FOV if old.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
It'll be interesting to see the price + overall specs. I feel like, especially with stuff like WMR, VR is getting a *lot* more accessible these days.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Shit, nice. I'm waiting to upgrade my VIVE Pro to the Cosmos but might check this out depending on the specs. How the hell is there NO info though when it's coming so soon?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I should hold off on getting the Rift S until I see this
not like it's out yet anyway

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Chances they go for inside out tracking instead of light houses?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
More internal cameras? *barf*

Well I hope it at least out specs the Rift S...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Fascinated to see what price and spec this comes in at. Also really interesting to see Valve just go this alone now. PCVR is an an interesting place at the moment. Seems to be quite a broad spectrum.

Really excited to find out more!

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well glad I have a Pimax to hold me over. I'm guessing this will be insanely expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.