• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
Seems like a no-brainer, Muramasa Rebirth, Odin's Sphere, Dragon's Crown would be sell pretty well on Switch.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm sure they'll be there eventually. My guess is probably next year. Vanillaware sometimes takes 2 or more years to show up on new consoles. The games you mentioned are all really good examples of showing up at least 2 years after a console's release.

Oct 27, 2017
I can see ports being thrown its way sometime soon tbh. Atlus published these games IIRC, and they looooove their ports.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh boy. Muramasa did release on the Wii, so it's not impossible, but like Falcom, Vanillaware likes to release their games on Sony consoles.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
You say that like Vanillaware make games.

Muramasa is probably involved in some rights thing, because that would already be on modern platforms. It was a different publisher.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Vanillaware doesn't care much about Nintendo. They released Muramasa on Wii, but then completely ignored Nintendo.

I hope that since Switch is a success in Japan, and there's pretty much no more PSP/Vita, then Vanillaware is kinda of obligated to release their games on Switch too if they want decent sales.

OP
OP
cucholix

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
Oh boy. Muramasa did release on the Wii, so it's not impossible, but like Falcom, Vanillaware likes to release their games on Sony consoles.
Even Falcom released Ys VIII on Switch and is going to release IX on the console probably... Same as NIS and Atlus (previously releasing their games on Sony systems mainly)

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Let's hope they release something in the future. Switch is the main console on Japan so that will help them.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Same reason they're not on PC and Xbox: In Odin Sphere's and Dragon Crown's cases, Atlus. In Muramasa's case, Marvelous.
The moment those companies decide they want those games on other platforms, we'll see them.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Yeah that'd be fantastic, but they seem to focus on one platform at a time. Atlus being their publisher doesn't help.
That said, with Vita now not being a viable platform anymore, we can only hope for vanillaware goodness on the go to be there in the future.

An HD remake of Muramasa Vita like Odin Sphere is my dream. It's their best game imo.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
It's a tiny studio of like 30 people that's trying to get a game out. I don't think they've got the resources to add another platform or the time to spare to port Odin Sphere or Dragon's Crown to yet another platform.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
My impression is that they are a smaller team, and probably don't have the people to do ports.

Wish they could get someone good to port it, but who knows if they have the money for that.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Locking this on the grounds of

Official Staff Communication
Show some effort: It's wonderful that you want to start a discussion, but being the Original Poster carries some responsibility to start things off on the right foot. If you're going to create a thread, try to include more content and care than one or two short sentences. Consider whether the thread will generate good discussion, and scrutinize any sources you decide to cite. Try not to create new threads based on tweets, jokes, conspiracy theories, poor sources or yes/no questions. Consistently low quality threads may lead to your thread making privileges being revoked. Thread making privileges will be restored after 6 months, subject to a review by staff.

As well as port begging as 2 out of the 3 games listed have never been on a nintendo platform. I want them as much as the next person. But there isn't much to discuss here besides "I wish it would happen"

Status
Not open for further replies.