• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lcap

Oct 27, 2017
Deathloop is a game for anyone who felt shackled by Dishonored's finger-wagging morality system.

"You choose which district you want to go to, and what you want to do there," Bakaba tells me. "You can go and do some assassinations, or you can just go and explore a district where there are no targets. So, there are a number of things you can do. So, it's a little bit like a Dishonored game, but where you would make your schedule for the day, in a way like a Persona game, where you would organise your day, and say, 'Okay, today I want to do this, and then that, and then this.' But the structure is closer to Dishonored, with a bit more choice and agency about how you go about things."

"If you want to invade someone, you play as Julianna, and you are in someone else's game," Bakaba says. "Either you're waiting for them in ambush, or you're alerting NPCs of their presence. You're the villain, basically. I think it's something that we're happy about, because, since The Crossing, several games have been playing with that idea of multiplayer integrated in the campaign. And something we really like, that's the type of multiplayer that we find immersive, and maybe complimentary of what we do. So, that's why we wanted to try it."

Of course, Colt has his own range of powers, including a Dishonored-style teleport that allows him to reach vantage points and attack from elevated positions. But this is a more action-focused game than Dishonored, so the power wheel has been thrown out for a more direct approach. [...]

VG247 - Link to the Interview

Much more at the link, but basically:

TL;DR:

• Game is divided in levels (districts);
  • Powers loadout to be chosen before starting the level;
  • Julianna has the ability to disguise as any NPC or even Colt;
  • Possible to play stealthly but not non-letally;
  • No morality system.

skankhunt420

Banned
Apr 4, 2020
I think I'll skip this one. It does look nice but something feels off. I loved Dishonored tho.

btw. sorry if this has been posted but this game sounds way more interesting than Deathloop:
www.altchar.com

Rumour: Arkane Studios' next game is an open world immersive sim inspired by Prey 2

According to the latest rumour over at 4chan, Arkane Studios Austin are working on an open-world immersive sim, inspired by cancelled Prey 2 project. Apparently, the game is set to release in 2022 for PC and next-gen consoles.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i wonder if arkane will finally make one of their games play well with a controller. for whatever reason, every single one of their games just feels off with a gamepad. prey on consoles is just not fun once you enter combat. why do they struggle so hard with this?

deathloop looks friggin amazing but i will wait for a demo or impressions. since combat seems to be the focus of the game, awful controls would kill it for me.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
This one looks good, hopefully we can turn off the invasion mechanic permanently, never been a fan of those.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's something that we're happy about, because, since The Crossing, several games have been playing with that idea of multiplayer integrated in the campaign. And something we really like, that's the type of multiplayer that we find immersive, and maybe complimentary of what we do. So, that's why we wanted to try it."

There's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time. I guess they never quite gave up on it

Status
Not open for further replies.