• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the video was more direct and serious than i was expecting, but tbh it was very basic too, just "look how many quality games sony and nintendo have compared to MS"

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it many times, 2009 was when Microsoft's first party troubles started.

Things better change next gen.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Microsoft fucked over Dunky before on some ad thing and he's always had a gripe with them.

Not that this should be used to discount his points, i haven't even watched the video
I mean - a persistent, vocal grudge based on personal beef sounds like a pretty reasonable basis to discredit his criticism of their first party offerings.

Also, spicy take. The ability to get a large, rotating selection of excellent, GOTY-caliber games (both exclusive and third party) for $10/mo is as valuable as really good exclusives when it comes to recommending a particular console (in my personal opinion).

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly I couldn't disagree a bit with this video.

I mean Sony has Knack mind you.
MagnificentTallLabradorretriever-size_restricted.gif

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a Xbox One X owner, I say:

Show me the lie.
So basically for him the Xbox means "exclusive games".

Okay. I guess.
You can buy the loot box-infested, MTX-ridden AAA multiplatform titles on other consoles, that's what makes them multiplatform titles. So why did having only a Xbox One console ever make sense? The X is significantly more powerful, but rarely gets utilized to its full potential.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Whatever happened to the Xbox one all digital edition? Lots of fuss and then radio silence.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to disagree.

I only just got an Xbox One X but if it wasn't for Gears 5 & Forza Horizon 4 the console would be a complete disappointment to me library wise.

An entire gen has gone by and the output never really got there.

Still hopeful for the future though and I am so amazed by the X on a technical level that I'm much more likely to buy Xbox next gen than I ever was.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
That big montage of Wii U games and no shot of Splatoon smh

Also any time I see console war posts from now on I'm just going to imagine them as that kid at the beginning of the video

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
I think his case is about single player in these games mostly, but hardly talks about multiplayer. Halo 5 multiplayer in my opinion one of the series best, gears 5 multiplayer is also phenomenal. Remember guys single player games are 99% of the package everything else is the 1%

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do sometimes scratch my head and think "what if" when it comes to how Microsoft could have better managed their IPs. Fable could and should have been their more mature take on Zelda. They helped develop the original Mass Effect and if they could have kept the series exclusive, it would have been huge. Obviously Nuts and Bolts flopped, but they threw the baby out with the bath water rather than try and examine what went wrong, and Conker would have been a great anti-Mario to make tounge in cheek subversive platforners of their own. I get mature action games are historically their bread and butter, but there's just so much unrealized potential I can see in hindsight from my armchair critic perspective.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
In summary... Microsoft exclusives aren't all that great.

Probably a poorly timed video considering Gears 5's recent release.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like this video, Jim Sterlings was better, this was more of a 'list wars' video masquerading as something else.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Shame the Xbox hardware and services are seemingly at their best, because I agree with Dunkey. Exclusives drive the identity and perception of these systems, and Xbox is absolutely struggling, and I don't think it's really their fault (maybe it's Don Mattricks, but I digress) so much as it is them playing a really unlucky hand. I'd love to see them have more titles that set the industry on fire, but I'm not confident.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
These literal console war videos do not make sense anymore in today's market - Microsoft is very clearly branching out and pursuing a different strategy than Sony or even Nintendo. And as a result we find ourselves in this unique scenario where every console maker is providing something different to the market and yes, that is a good thing.

Him comparing "exclusives" just shows how dumb and nonsensical the argument has gotten - things have changed people.

Status
Not open for further replies.