• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017

In amongst that word salad is a sentence that says, ostensibly, "So when Paul's mom asked me to bring back Brian...I had to do it."

It was always posited that the FnF franchise would bring back Brian, but I thought they wouldn't out of respect.

Welp. I have egg on my face.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really pulling out all the stops after the last film underperformed, huh.

...well, except bringing The Rock back, of course.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Word salad, indeed. It's like a stream of consciousness that goes, instead of fast and furious, slow and ponderous and all sort of maze-like.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
my father always said "exploit your family for your own benefit" and today I am doing just that - Vin Diesel

Oct 28, 2017
It was totally because the mom asked guys, nothing to do with how the last movie performed or that this is the big final..

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Wait

I'm not actually sure he's saying Brian is back

He's saying Mia is back and comparing making sure Mia was back for 10 to how he made sure Brian was brought back in 4.

The Instagram is babble but I don't think it 100% says what the OP claims

MarinZero

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 26, 2022
Why ruin such a perfect send off? Oh, right, because of money. Such a stupid decision, if true.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Wait

I'm not actually sure he's saying Brian is back

He's saying Mia is back and comparing making sure Mia was back for 10 to how he made sure Brian was brought back in 4.

The Instagram is babble but I don't think it 100% says what the OP claims

"when his mother asks me to bring Brian back to the screen… well, I don't have to tell you how serious I take that."

unless he refers to F4.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if they bring back Brian with deepfake Paul, I'm fine with it as long as they do it because Paul's mother is the one who asked for it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
"when his mother asks me to bring Brian back to the screen… well, I don't have to tell you how serious I take that."

unless he refers to F4.

I think he is referring to 4, just with bad grammar because uh yeah that's Vin's Instagram for you.

The whole thing was about making sure Jordana was in 10

I mean we'll see but it's not clear cut

The insta is about Jordana not Paul

He just gets sentimental about missing Walker in the middle

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
"So when Paul's mom asked me to bring back Brian...I had to do it."

that's not what's written tho, it says "when his Mother asks to bring Brian back to the big screen....well I don't have to tell you how serious I take that"

this could be for Furious 7 too

Apr 5, 2022
that's not what's written tho, it says "when his Mother asks to bring Brian back to the big screen....well I don't have to tell you how serious I take that"

this could be for Furious 7 too

Particularly given the context — he's reminiscing in the previous sentence about walking Paul's daughter down the aisle at her wedding. It sounds more like a continuation of that train of thought than a present-day thing.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
He'll literally resurrect a dead man before getting Dwayne Johnson back. Fucking hell. If it's recasting his brother in the role or something, that's one thing, but if it's some deepfake shit, nope. That nonsense is so gross and tacky.

Also, no, that "little brother" shitpost was not an earnest attempt at getting Dwayne back, that was clearly some weird power move shtick so he could say "well, I tried!"

Last edited:

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I think he is referring to 4, just with bad grammar because uh yeah that's Vin's Instagram for you.

The whole thing was about making sure Jordana was in 10

I mean we'll see but it's not clear cut

The insta is about Jordana not Paul

He just gets sentimental about missing Walker in the middle

yeah, it's so poorly worded it could be taken either way but I think you're right, he starts talking about Jordana then pivots to how much he misses Paul and has always wanted to do right by his family, and that includes walking Paul's daughter down the aisle on her wedding day and honoring Paul's mom's wishes of putting Brian back in F4 (or F7).

*If* he's talking about F10, then he's letting people know it's (supposedly) with the approval of Paul's mom.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
I don't think he knows what profound means.

But he does love his friend. I am sorry for him.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, it's so poorly worded it could be taken either way but I think you're right, he starts talking about Jordana then pivots to how much he misses Paul and has always wanted to do right by his family, and that includes walking Paul's daughter down the aisle on her wedding day and honoring Paul's mom's wishes of putting Brian back in F4 (or F7).

*If* he's talking about F10, then he's letting people know it's (supposedly) with the approval of Paul's mom.

This op is definitely jumping the gun into a pointlessly toxic interpretation of that Instagram post.

Oct 25, 2017
As long as Paul's brother is involved again im okay with it.

It was his defining role and his absence from 8 & 9 actually show how important he was to it.
If they can do it decently like 7 was done then the final 2 movies will be far better for it.

That is if they honor the character, if they do that shit just to kill him off or have a heroic sacrifice then no thanks.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I think he is talking about Mia.

Also, Vin googled "worst pic resolution of Toretto, Mia and Brian hugging", right ?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Classic Era. Ragging on a guy getting emotional talking about his dead friend.

There's something funny about people forming deeply negative, will see everything in the worst possible interpretation possible, opinions of a guy because he was egoistic towards another big Hollywood ego.

Time to uncharitably interpret everything he says forever now. Justice 4 The Rock!

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
What's with people saying F9 flopped? Didn't it do extremely well? Not the 1B+ like the previous movies, but excellent for Corona.

Anyways, nah, bruh, this ain't it. Paul Walker's sendoff was perfect. That last scene, See You Again, everything. People can make fun of the franchise all they want, but how they handled that scene was a masterpiece. Don't bring him back.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Zombie Vince when?

He's probably just be at the BBQ at the end with more then just an import showing up.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyways, nah, bruh, this ain't it. Paul Walker's sendoff was perfect. That last scene, See You Again, everything. People can make fun of the franchise all they want, but how they handled that scene was a masterpiece. Don't bring him back.

Problem is they wrote themselves into such a corner that it hurts Brian's character that his family is so threatened(obviously nothing will happen because its F&F) and Brian isn't out there helping them.
They give it a decent excuse(protecting the children) but the franchise's continuous escalation counters it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
A significant portion of F7 was already basically CG and deepfake tier stuff.

Paul died just 2 months into production.

Yeah, but as you said, the circumstances there were wildly different and they had to complete the project that was already in the middle of production. They used the resources available to try and give him a fitting send off and honor him.

At this point, nine years removed from his death, it would feel ghoulish to use a simulacrum. There's just no good that can come from the digitally resurrecting long dead actors thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.