• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
New York (CNN Business)Walmart will require customers at all of its US stores to wear masks beginning next week, becoming the largest retailer to mandate facial coverings as coronavirus cases continue to rise.
Other national chains have made similar moves. Starbucks (SBUX)said last week that it will require customers to wear facial coverings or masks in all 9,000 of its company-owned US stores beginning Wednesday. Best Buy (BBY) announced Tuesday that it will also require all shoppers coming into its approximately 1,000 stores to wear face masks. Costco (COST) began requiring its members to wear masks in stores beginning in May.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/business/walmart-masks/index.html

They don't already? Just the US? Not world-wide? Why Monday? Why not today?

Stupid fucks.

neemmss

Oct 27, 2017
And here I thought the people going into Costco and Starbucks and giving shit for having to wear a mask was bad. This is going to be on another level.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to the inevitable videos of the underpaid workers who have to enforce this rule being confronted by gun-toting lunatics.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I think we had this thread already?
www.resetera.com

Walmart Joins Big Retail Peers Requiring Masks for U.S. Shoppers

Muh freedom! Walmart Inc. will require customers to wear masks in all of its U.S. stores to protect against the coronavirus, an admission that the nation’s pandemic has reached new heights and setting up potential confrontations with customers who refuse to don them. The measure will go into...

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
My Walmart has done this for a few weeks now (at least that I've noticed).

You have to walk around the entry and get in a queue that is clearly labeled with spots six feet apart. There are two people standing at the entrance letting people in one group at a time, and stopping you if you don't have a mask.

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Walmart has handled this whole thing horribly. I worked there in a garage in Michigan when this started. Our shop had to shutdown.

All they basically offered us was 2 weeks paid vacation. They never enforced masks, only us employees. And the customer limit was 1060 people. Do you know how packed our store is with just 500 people?

Oh and when they opened up the nonessential parts of the store, holy crap we're people just flocking to the store.

I quit cause it was obvious the store didn't care about the health of the employees. Half the time we were out of sanitizer and wipes.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I think we had this thread already?
www.resetera.com

Walmart Joins Big Retail Peers Requiring Masks for U.S. Shoppers

Muh freedom! Walmart Inc. will require customers to wear masks in all of its U.S. stores to protect against the coronavirus, an admission that the nation’s pandemic has reached new heights and setting up potential confrontations with customers who refuse to don them. The measure will go into...
I couldn't find it in a search for Walmart.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All my prayers go out to the employees. Customers are going to make it hell.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow i cant imagine the amount of videos that are going to come out from this

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could arm the friendly elderly greater employee with a rifle from hunting section in the back.

When people are armed I tend to listen to their instruction quicker and argue a little less.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I have seen the worst type of people in a Walmart, and I don't even live in the US. It's not going to be fun.

The ones I've gone to in Canada have had that "rule" but it doesn't seem to be enforced in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.