• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since the other Warren-Sanders thread is locked;

On Monday night, about five minutes after Warren issued a statement confirming that she remembers Sanders telling her in a private meeting he didn't believe a woman could win in 2020, one of Warren's campaign officials advised supporters in a large pro-Warren group chat on Twitter that their next step would be to dial back the confrontation. "Re: where we go from here — our goal is de-escalation and focusing on our shared goals," the staffer wrote to the group, according to screenshots of the chat.

"I would be careful with the 'sexism' angle when it comes to the Bernie/Warren exchange individually — that's not what this is about and I think it'll be really bad news for us if that becomes what this is about (i.e. press asking her if she thinks Bernie is sexist)," the staffer told the group. "Is that what this is about broadly? Absolutely. But no one here is actually claiming Bernie himself is sexist (regardless of your own personal beliefs on that topic)."

At one point in a lengthy DM to the Twitter group on Tuesday morning, the Warren staffer's description of the controversy hewed closer to Sanders's description than Warren's. "Claiming you're worried a woman can't win/flagging that she'll receive sexist attacks is something many, many people feel," the campaign official wrote.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
The other thread is temporarily locked while we deal with reports. Don't make new threads to bypass the lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.