• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played it yet and was considering picking it up, but judging on what I'm reading, it was the biggest let down of the past few years. I was going to give it a play through now and then once the PS5 upgrade comes out, but now im not sure. For those that have played it recently, is it really as bad as portrayed?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not for me. Breath of the Wild was more disappointing. But Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely up there, it way under-delivered for sure. You can see where it was rushed and corners cut. Some of the game is really well done and thought-out. But more of it is just slapped together.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Up there for me. I put in like 10ish hours. Got my refund.

Said to myself I'll give it another go when the next gen patch comes but I don't even know anymore. Don't think I care enough to.

Jul 20, 2020
Yes because compared to expectations, it came up much shorter than any other game as big as it. It's not a bad game to any extent but after the Witcher people thought cyberpunk would be transformative. Not a run of the mill open world game.

Oct 27, 2017
It is a forgetable game, bugs overshadowed all the gameplay-design problems and limitations it had.

Anthem wins the most disappointing. + the scam by EA to promise the rework for two years shitting in everyone's mouth, and then pulling the rug.

Inb4lock

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be a particularly good game in its current state even if it was bug-free.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On last gen consoles yes, it really is as bad as it seems.

For me it is easily the biggest disappointment given how excited I was. The idea of playing a character in a cyberpunk setting voiced by Lady Rhea and getting into a wlw relationship?! This game was in my mind the greatest combo of all things ever and I couldn't be more hyped for it.

Then they used my community to market the game in the worst way possible and the game ran like shit on top of it being a cyber GTA.

Only thing that comes close is Mario Odysee, not a bad game but I prefer linear design of Galaxy over that of the 3D open space collection design elements.

Arkhanor

Oct 27, 2017
Recife - Brazil
I didn't expected it to be a masterpiece like a lot of people did. While I also didn't fall for Anthem, I think it gets the trophy for the most disappointing game.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it still. Became it the new witcher 3 for me. No offcourse not. I hoped it would have been but awell. But overall I still enjoyed the overall game and quests even with some of its quirks.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Easily for me. None of the other big disappointments carried the same hype for me that Cyberpunk did, even after all the bullshit CDPR was up to before release.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Nah as long as you played it on PC or like XSX it was a good game imo. Maybe didnt live up to hype but i had a good time with it. Hot take, i liked it much more overall than both FF7 r and TLOU 2.

Quests for the most parts were pretty great in 2077.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Anthem

But 2077 is legit good on a high end PC imo.
I don't think Anthem could possibly be as disappointing as 2077 because Anthem was SURROUNDED by skepticism and cynicism from the get-go. That's not to say that people weren't excited, but after Andromeda (which is the real answer btw) peoples expectations were waaayyyy more tempered in comparison to 2077.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I guess, based on the reaction. Some might say Shenmue 3 compared to the E3 trailers, but I would say that was more mixed or lukewarm among Shenmue fans (and the main forum Shenmue Dojo)

Also Kingdom Hearts 3 was damn good, no one game could live to that big gap, it was a fine instalment.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
That or KH3. Even if Cyberpunk was devoid of all the bugs, both games would still be mediocre (even on PC)

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
On PC it was a good-great game imo. I had some silly bugs but really enjoyed the actual gameplay/environment/quests.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
this gen or the ps4/xb1 gen? if its the ps4/xb1, than yes, because they never should've released it there in the first place.

i played it on ps5 and outside of the constant crashing, i enjoyed it and im looking forward to replaying it once the ps5 patch comes out.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Might be Kingdom Hearts 3 for me, personally. I still played it, but when you're coming off a whole skipped generation for a numbered title and no main-line releases (other than packaged bundles), it was kind of a mess.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
For as long as I waited and how hopeful I was, AND how setup that game was to be great for so many years..... absolutely, at least in my book its the most disappointing by a significant margin
I played through the game on a 3080 with RT on and still hated it outside of it's environment, the game took multiple shits in a row even on my near maxed out machine and was a buggy disaster, my gun would literally disappear from my hands and objects werent interactable for hours worth of gametime for me

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
No.

The game is good if you have a PS5, PC, or XSX.
But I have a PS5 and XSX and it is just really bad :')

For me it really is the disappointment of the gen. Maybe even in gaming. I was really hyped for this game since the beginning then I played it on the new console and the stuff just crashed and crashed.. Hope they patch it and I hope that I want to explore the game again. But most of the time I am a person that gives one chance and be done. There are SO many good games that are worth my time

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all. I had a very good time with it on PC. I keep saying I need to get back to it and finish it.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. People were expecting great things from it, instead CDPR took the softest, wettest shit they could and shipped it as an evolution of open world and rpg games.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, built a high end PC for this (my experience was relatively not as bug ridden as most). It has some bright spots but at the end of the day it's a disappointing product, even without bugs. It's not the worst game ever but for how much was promised through marketing, it failed to deliver.

7/10 sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.