• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain

SCS Software, a Czech game development company based in Prague, which known for its 18 Wheels of Steel and Truck Simulator series, has issued a bizarre press release that states, "We do not take a stand neither for or against vaccines, we just wanted to express our appreciation and support for every real truck driver out there who have been facing a very challenging times since pandemic situation began."

EDIT: This was in response to insane idiots commenting anti-vax stuff in response to a recent event about delivering vaccines in-game., such as:
What about starving children in Africa? Why are there no events with this theme? Not fashionable?
garbage , keep politics and real life events out of the game and focus on getting closer to new york , map wise...
It's funny how the government can whip up a vaccine for a fake virus but can't find a cure for cancer.
No thank you, I skip this one, stop brain washing people with all this so called corona nonsense and open your eyes. All this BS what is going on in our world isn't about a virus it's about controlling people, Btw this so called vaccin isn't a normal vaccin it's a genetical modification (fact).
Let the brainwashing commence.Like we don't hear enough of it as it is!
It was worded really badly. Also, they backtracked on it, as seen on the threadmarks.

The original source of the quote is this:

EsWP36IXcAIEZHw

Last edited:

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Sometimes it's better not to say anything.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You could have literally cut out the first part and been fine.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Why even speak up about this lol? Just makes them look like idiots for no reason

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit, just when I thought I had my own mind made up on this issue I have to weigh this. Damn, what to do!?

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Excuse me, excuse me. They didn't put themselves — and you had some very bad viruses in that group, but you also had viruses that were very fine viruses, on both sides. You had viruses in that group. Excuse me, excuse me.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
it's incredibly funny to me how they managed to talk about something that absolutely NO ONE has asked them about, for no reason, while also... not saying anything

WE HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT WE HAVE NO OPINION REGARDING CURRENT EVENTS

THANKS FOR LISTENING

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
From what I can tell, there's an event they announced yesterday in ETS2 that's pro-vaccine (in which you deliver vaccines via truck), so maybe the parent company got some antivaxx backlash against it and put out a defensive press release?

edit: Okay, yes, look at the comment section on the announcement:

SCS Software Nemiro Moderator • a day ago

Dear Community,
We'd love to ask everyone here, but also on all of our other communication platform such as social media sites, to always keep in mind good behavior.
With this event, we want to salute the real truckers, who are tirelessly working since the world pandemic began to keep the world spinning, and now they have to face another difficult task in pretty much every country around the world = to deliver vaccines as soon and as many of them as possible. No matter if you stand for vaccines or against them, these truckers still have to work really hard and we wanted to give them their well-deserved 15 minutes of fame. Plus there might be a side benefit that when we bring something new and entertaining for you all, you might consider staying home playing it and therefore being more safe. But if you do not like this event, you do not need to participate in it. It is not mandatory, it's totally up to every single one of you.
There is no need to be rude, offensive, hateful or full of anger towards anyone else comenting here or there. While saying your personal opinion is absolutely ok and we welcome your feedback, we won't allow any comments war here or on any of our other platforms.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Just why would they say this?
From the article:

According to a survey published in December by the Slovak Academy of Sciences, however, 45% of respondents in the Czech Republic and Slovakia don't want to be vaccinated, and one in three don't believe COVID-19 is any worse than the flu. In addition, nearly 40% of respondents said they thought the number of deaths from COVID-19 has been purposely exaggerated.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Ever since Euro Truck Simulator 2 came out I've been wondering what the dev's stance on vaccines is, glad they cleared that up

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the numbers from that study in the article, looks like they're trying to avoid some sort of controversy in Czechia?

Bizzarre stuff, regardless, mind.

scar654

Oct 27, 2017
For the ones that hasn't read the article, ETS2 has an event where you have to haul a virtual cargo of vaccines.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Euro Truck Simulator 2, I supported you on universal basic income last time around but I need you to take a firm pro-vaccine stance if you still want my vote in the primaries.

LongDongJunon

Nov 13, 2017
1.) Who the fuck are you even talking to?

2.) Why would you not be for something that directly treats and/or prevents covid.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean have you heard the virus's side of the story? What right do we have to murder the virus like that? Idk man both sides are idiots
Covid just wants to survive man
Probably some fan discussion or question posed to the developer that we're all missing.
Seems to be the case. Still stupid as hell honestly.
From the article:
"Just a flu"

I thought we learned it isn't? God.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
On the one hand its hillarious...on the other: it somehow is cathering to anti vaxers... .
You dont position yourself at neutral if you truly are,
and if your position is the mainstream (vaccines work), then you don't have to push it.
If you're on the weaker side (anti vaccines), but dont want to risk a backlash,
you just to disavow or distance yourself from the other side.

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020
But what if I get a sweet offer to truck vaccines all the way across Germany? What then??

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
For the ones that hasn't read the article, ETS2 has an event where you have to haul a virtual cargo of vaccines.

Yep, it actually does make some sense in context even if it would have been better to just say nothing at all lol. But no one is going to bother reading that, especially with the way OP framed it.

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
What a stupid thing to say...
It's like commenting on climate change with "We do not take a stand neither for or against climate change" - which sadly gives the impression you don't care about our planet.
In this case you end up sounding like you're saying anti-vax groups are perfectly valid.

Just another example of "Enlightened centrists" constantly giving space for idiotic and dangerous movements. In this case I feel it's more a case of they're anti-vax but don't have the balls to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.