• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Elizabeth Warren's campaign manager Roger Lau sent a frank email to staffers this morning saying the campaign missed its goals on Super Tuesday and that the "decision is in her hands" about what to do next.

"Last night, we fell well short of viability goals and projections, and we are disappointed in the results," Lau wrote in an email obtained by POLITICO, adding that "we are obviously disappointed."

Another aide said Warren was spending Wednesday with her team to "assess the path forward." Lau wrote that "[t]his decision is in her hands, and it's important that she has the time and space to consider what comes next."

Warren dropping out of the presidential race would solidify a one-on-one Democratic primary matchup between Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders, following former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg's withdrawal from the 2020 race Wednesday morning.

The timing of Warren's decision about the future of her campaign is unclear. She is currently at home in Massachusetts and does not have any publicly scheduled events until Friday.

www.politico.com

'We fell well short': Warren team considers ending campaign

Warren is spending Wednesday with her campaign team to "assess the path forward," an aide said.

Should Warren end her campaign? Do you think it would help Bernie if she does? Who do you think she would endorse?

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I would really like it if her and Bernie teamed up. She runs as VP. Announce it today and I guarantee the numbers would go in their favor. Otherwise, I fear Warren voters will go for Biden.

Oct 25, 2017
Warren endorsing Bernie will not move the needle for him all that much. If anything, just like Pete and Amy, she's taking votes away from Biden and Warren dropping out will be a major boon for him.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I do think it's time to end it, yeah. So sad that things turned out this way.

I don't think it will make a big difference for Bernie, even if she endorses him.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
What is there to consider? It is barely even a two-horse race at the moment. She is nowhere in the picture.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Warren's following state by state is so small nowadays that I'm unsure if it'll make a difference.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Warren endorsing Bernie will not move the needle for him all that much. If anything, just like Pete and Amy, she's taking votes away from Biden and Warren dropping out will be a major boon for him.

I realize I know little, but I thought her followers were more in line with Bernie than Biden? That said, she didn't endorse Bernie last time she dropped out, would she do it this time?

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think the best play possible for her is trying to throw support to Biden and then joining his ticket as VP. It would make the best of a bad situation for progressives, put someone smart and progressive near Uncle Joe and groom her for 24 or 28.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
She is a total non-factor at this point. An endorsement wouldn't have done any good yesterday, and it won't do any good now. She couldn't even win her home state, ffs.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be a huge shame if she were to drop out. She is by far the best for the job out of her, Biden and Sanders. Maybe America just isn't ready for a woman to lead it.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
falling short is a huge understatement unfortunately

at this point her dropping or staying in doesn't move the needle much for the potential of a progressive at the top of the ticket so hopefully she does whatever she feels best to make biden's administration more palatable to progressives

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A bit of a bummer. I was on team Warren early but as reality started to set in I jumped on board the Bernie bus.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I was rooting for her, but yeah she's done. Gotta drop out and endorse Bernie, it's the only thing to do. It's bleeding obvious to everyone. C'mon Liz...

I'm really sad. sigh.
I'm mostly sad that fucking Bloomberg has been doing better than her. What a disgusting world we live in.

Oct 25, 2017
3009.jpg

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
She should end it.

It Seems like Warren was most popular online in left-leaning circles like here and Twitter. Also, she came in third place in her own state. That's not a good look. I think her national political profile will take a hit as a result.

Honestly, She had some of the best plans, but with the worst political instincts to go along with them. I don't know who was advising her but they need to stay away from politics for a long time. She made a lot of unforced errors and it brought her down a lot. Shame really.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I think the best play possible for her is trying to throw support to Biden and then joining his ticket as VP. It would make the best of a bad situation for progressives, put someone smart and progressive near Uncle Joe and groom her for 24 or 28.

She would make a good VP and would help with progressives who feel that Biden is too moderate. I've been reading that Warren and Biden don't like each other though. Wonder if they can put differences aside.

www.cbsnews.com

Elizabeth Warren reignites feud with Joe Biden over personal bankruptcy policy

In releasing her plan on how the U.S. should handle personal bankruptcies, Warren brings up a fight she had with Biden while he was a senator and she was a professor.

Huskman

Jan 21, 2019
At the beginning of the primary, I really hoped it would come down to her and Bernie. The substance in those debates would be fantastic, but we've ended up with Biden v Sanders. If she drops out, I hope she endorses /campaigns for Sanders. Now that the moderates/centrists have combined forces, the progressive wing can't afford to be divided. If she ends up being Sanders' VP, that would be great. I would kill for her to debate against Pence.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah do it after you cost Bernie the nomination instead of several weeks ago when there was still a chance to save the world. Or stay in and try to steal it from Joe at the convention, do whatever. Nothing matters at this point, we're fucked no matter what.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie ain't gonna win, but Warren should team up with him as his running mate and they can run a happy warrior campaign for the rest of the primary to try and force Biden to rack closer to the left.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, she should. She was my favorite candidate and I don't hold the belief that she ruined Bernie by staying in the race. But it's time.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
She should drop, endorse Biden, and hope for a VP slot and a Presidential run after.

Let's start the consolidation early this time.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
She was my #1 pick until I saw how the field was playing going into yesterday. That's why I swapped to Bernie. A team up would be a dream.

One thing that is pushing me off is Twitter screaming at her blaming her as a spoiler for Bernie like it's her fault Biden is winning. I voted for Bernie but gettin real tired of some vocal Bernie supporters.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Until she officially drops out, this can be discussed in the Democratic Primary thread.

www.resetera.com

Democratic Presidential Primaries & Caucuses |March OT| Last Tuesday was 1000 years ago, old news no one cares about (Discussion Guidelines in OP)

I understand what progressive mean, and I understand what progress means. It doesn't mean creating an arbitrary line in the sand for what is progressive and what is centrist and claiming that anything to the left of that arbitrary line is progressive and anything to the right of that arbitrary...

Status
Not open for further replies.