• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

Lock if not needed mods.

What's rumoured:

Halo for Switch
Gamepass on Switch
xCloud coming to Switch

What could happen:

Rare Replay for Switch
Golden Eye Remake for Switch/Xbox/PC

Jul 10, 2020

Golden Eye Remake for Switch/Xbox/PC

I really really think it's this.

My own crazy conspiracy theory:

Here, Matt says this in response to an xCloud on Switch thing:

The most common theory is probably xcloud on Switch. Maybe game pass.
I know that has been discussed, but it could mean a few other things that have been floated/worked on/previously scrapped…

So clearly, Matt seems to imply a baseline of knowledge as to what it might be, therefore NOT being GamePass on Switch.

Because later this is stated:

Gamepass on switch let's go!
They would have to pay Nintendo so much fucking money.

But I'd love it, so they should do it.

Now this fall, supposedly, the Switch Pro is going to release. What if, and hear me out it's not GamePass on Switch, nor games on Switch via xCloud.

Why you ask?

Because on today's podcast with Jeff Grubb, Jeff Grubb said "and to a lesser extent the Switch" implying that while the Switch is involved in the teasing, it's not nearly on the magnitude of the other things teased on the shelf.

So what could it be then?

What could it possibly be that Matt would say:

know that has been discussed, but it could mean a few other things that have been floated/worked on/previously scrapped…

Nintendo Life – 9 Feb 21

The Real Story Behind Rare's Cancelled GoldenEye 007 Remaster
"We were all told as a team that everyone had approved it"

Nintendo cancelled the nearly complete Goldeneye XBLA port because Nintendo "didn't want a Nintendo game on Xbox".

Also this just happened last month from the owners of James Bond Danjaq:

trademark.trademarkia.com

Danjaq, LLC Trademark of GOLDENEYE | Trademarkia

The GOLDENEYE. Explore trademark details, ownership information, other trademarks owned by Danjaq, LLC or file your own trademark.

GOLDENEYE is a trademark and brand of Danjaq, LLC

Entertainment software, namely, downloadable electronic game software for use on mobile or cellular telephones whether handheld or freestanding and other electronic mobile and/or wireless devices such as tablets and digital personal assistants; downloadable electronic game programs; downloadable electronic game software; downloadable game software; downloadable game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; downloadable elec…

Entertainment services, namely, providing online electronic games via a global computer network, mobile or cellular telephones and/or other wireless devices; electronic game services provided by means of the internet; providing interactive online electronic games via the internet and electronic communication networks; multimedia publishing of game software; provision of non-downloadable computer games on line or by means of a global computer n…

Entertainment software, namely, downloadable electronic game software for use on mobile or cellular telephones whether handheld or freestanding and other electronic mobile and/or wireless devices such as tablets and digital personal assistants; downloadable electronic game programs; downloadable electronic game software; downloadable game software; downloadable game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; downloadable electronic game programs for mobile devices, personal computers, consoles, tablets; downloadable interactive game programs; downloadable interactive game software; downloadable game software for interactive games that may be downloaded from a global computer network; downloadable mobile applications in the nature of downloadable electronic game software; computer and video game cartridges and discs

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Have we considered the absolutely insane prospect of select Nintendo titles ending up on GamePass?

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Nick knows his stuff, I look forward to later this year. Maybe he'll be unbanned by then so he can post about it himself.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Rare Replay: Special Edition but only with with Nintendo platforms (NES, SNES, N64, GBA, GC) plus the stuff Nintendo owns (DKC1-3, DKR, DK64, SFA). Emulation by NERD using some refined assets (courtesy of 4J Studios and 1up Studio) on the N64/GC stuff. Published by Nintendo.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Imagine they brought MCC and Infinite as a Switch Pro exclusive?

If the Xbox One can run Infinite then it can definitely run on the upgraded Switch.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Based on this post from Matt addressing gamepass speculation, it sounds like it is not Gamepass related, because yes, Nintendo would want a lot more than just money to kill their own eshop. That' IMHO isn't happening.

It's probably something like a GoldenEye HD or Remaster from RARE with cross platform play, plus a slew of games coming to Switch like Halo MC Collection, and maybe even a Nintendo franchise showing up on Xbox.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I really don't understand why anyone would think Nintendo would allow xCloud on Switch, and it's even stranger why people generically say "Gamepass" but maybe that's all they mean.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
What would Gamepass on Switch even be? It wouldn't have Microsoft games because they don't really exist on Switch yet, and it presumably wouldn't have Nintendo games since they sell well at full price and they already have a service for their retro games. So it would be third party games. In which case, why wouldn't Nintendo just do it themselves and take a larger cut, rather than allow a rival to further build their brand on their own system?

Jan 4, 2018
I doubt that Rare Replay would happen. This game was very challenging to make and it would probably be a mess to port (plus the X360 games and Perfect Dark and Banjo games are using Xbox backward compatibily to work).

I would definitely love a definitive version of Rare Replay with the missings titles (GoldenEye XBLA, Starfox Adventures, Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Conker: Live & Reloaded). But I think it will never happen.

However, I can see GoldenEye 007 XBLA (officially) releasing someday. It was 95% finished.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
From the ResetEra General Guide:

Try not to create threads based on random tweets, conspiracy theories, tabloids, or other questionable sources.

Since the source is a single tweet, it is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.