• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This was inspired by the thread about Metroid Dread needing to stand out to its modern peers. It was full of Hollow Knight fans suggesting that the Metroid franchise needs to prove something to even be in the same discussion at Hollow Knight. This would be like Michael Jordan returning to the league after his first retirement and hearing that he needed to prove himself to new players when many of those new players wouldn't be there without him. To me Hollow Knight is a game that Era inflates its greatness. Don't get me wrong, it received excellent reviews and sold over 3 million copies, it's not some niche title ignored by critics, but when many are calling it the greatest game of all time, I can't say I'm there.

What are some games that you feel Era inflates their greatness?

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne 😬

But this is really just another opinions thread. It's not like I think the people who adore that game aren't genuine. Different strokes.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne. Good god the obsession with that game is baffling, it's no more special than any Souls game yet it's treat like a deity around here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A game's "greatness" cannot be inflated because you're reading the subjective viewpoints of a single person, even if multiple individuals share that viewpoint.

Anyway it's Resident Evil 2 Remake because it's stank ass garbage.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just Bloodborne. And I think it's a great game, but it's basically as good as any of their other games imo.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Bloodborne and The Last of Us Part 2 come immediately to mind.

Not that I think they're bad games at all, but I think they are overpraised here.

Status
Not open for further replies.