• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Curb Your Enthusiam or Seinfeld

• Seinfeld

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Why?

Eh....this is a tough question, but I think I'll probably give the edge to Seinfeld, due to just how iconic the TV show still is. It's dated in some ways, but I don't think the show will ever leave public connscious for a looooonnnnng time. Other than that importance and cultural impact, I just prefer Seinfeld more.

Still, Curb is outstanding. Larry David definitely had more creative freedom.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easily Curb

Curb has a greater quantity of side-splittingly funny episodes imho. The Black Swan is my favourite.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
They are entirely different things literally Seinfelds was "a show about nothing" while Curb was just Larry David getting into awkward positions on and off.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Also Seinfeld has more moments that even people who have never watched the show can realize what it means for example the soup nazi.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Seinfeld, I never successfully got into Curb, though I've seen the odd episode here and there and enjoyed it.

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I want an airtight 22 minutes of comedy, other times I want a meandering dosage of Larry David dumbfuckery.

One isn't better than the other, just two halves of the same comedic fruit.

Deleted member 7156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I want to see full episodes, Seinfeld.

If I'm on the internet watching out of context clips, Curb.

Overall Seinfeld

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Seinfeld is more watchable.

Curb is more affecting, a more ... physical experience. I get stomach aches watching Curb.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Curb aged well. Seinfeld didn't, especially because of the format. Larry is also dramatically funnier and somehow more likable than Jerry, and Curb being on HBO makes for some nice allowances.

I don't get the Seinfeld nostalgia blindness. It's an incredible show, but it's no Curb. And in 2019, Curb is dramatically more watchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.