• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you okay with microtransactions in Smash?

• No, leave the game as it is

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • I'm okay with DLC, but they should be major updates like the character packs

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Nickle and dime me baby!

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We already know that character packs are on the way, but is there any other DLC/microtransactions that you would like to see added to Ultimate? Or would you prefer that paid content end after the character packs?

The most obvious things would be more characters and stages, and I'm guessing just about everyone is up for more of those being added. What I'm more specifically wondering about is minor purchases, such as

- New taunts that you can configure to your profile
- New character outfits
- An expanded variety of echo fighters (essentially new skins of existing characters)
- New music
- Additional bonus modes such as Break the Targets

There are probably other ideas I'm not thinking about. These types of nickle and dime microtransactions are sometimes frowned upon in other games, but personally I would love them in Smash. Would you be okay with them, and do you have other ideas for types of microtransactions that would work well?

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a character pack for 2020 and beyond but no micro transactions

Fighter Pass Second Round or something

Hace

Sep 21, 2018
I'd be down for paying for new characters, maybe outfits if they're well done and sold in packs.

If they charge for basic stuff like break the targets or homerun then fuuuuck that.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Additional Characters, and not just 5. I'd want more likely either every other month a new character, and every month new set of skins for existing ones.

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would like some customization for character appearance. Seems like a missed opportunity especially with WOL.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stick to character/stage packs. If they want to bring back modes like Homerun Contest, make them free for all players in a patch.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Spirits gacha

On a more serious note I'd like to see some "expansion" to world of light for people who got all DLC characters, it's easily my favorite mode in a smash game ever and I don't want DLC characters/series to feel like an afterthought

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
If Nintendo is smart a character pass every year to keep supporting the game is the best choice, just copy Siege yearly passes.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Sounds like a lot of people want a $10 unlock all characters pass

Oh god no. I don't even know why people would ask for the ability to pay money to not do work in a game. If you're asking for something might as well ask for the ability to just unlock everything in game for free.
Doesn't have to be any different from a difficulty mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.